Preface: Named

Preface: Named

A Story by DearWorld
"

An inside look to my book-in-progress.

"

         Two twin boys, living as wards of the Temple of Ares, eagerly await the day of Naming, when they shall recieve their names and a chance at destiny. The oldest twin is a proud young man, eager to leave the confines of the Temple walls. The younger brother isn't as ready to leave. He's a coward, and he knows it, so how is he going to survive once him and his brother go their seperate ways?

        On the long awaited night of Naming, both boys recieve thier treasured Name and an identity from the god Ares. The older brother is sent far into the forest, to study magic with a great mage. The younger brother, however, has not been as lucky. The god Ares is unsure where to place him, as he knows the boy has potential for a great many things. So, the young man is sent to the city of Reiys, where a blind, and almost crazy, old man offers to forge him a sword and train him in its art.

        Soon after, attacks begin to come from nowhere, destroying whole villages and towns. Could the boy's older twin brother be responsible? What, then, is he looking for? Follow this young warrior as he learns to embrace his destiny and fight for what is noble and pure. Watch him on his journey from a young, nameless boy to the man, Adin, Hero.

 

~ Eryn I.

© 2009 DearWorld


Author's Note

DearWorld
This is the basic beginning storyline for my work in progress. I may not keep the name, however. Anyhoos, be on the look out!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. If this was on the back of a novel in barnes and noble, I wouldn't be able to put it down. Can't wait till you finish the book. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I like!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 8, 2009
Last Updated on August 8, 2009

Author

DearWorld
DearWorld

AK



About
Check out my website: dearworldloveme.weebly.com I am 17 and live in Alaska (brrr) ... I'm a choco-holic... XD I hate being serious (no, seriously) ... I think lakes and mountain are the prettie.. more..

Writing