Queen Never Doubts It

Queen Never Doubts It

A Chapter by E. Sanchez
"

Hera knows who she is, and it is for this reason, that she reacts the way she does.

"

It was nothing shocking, actually, it was bound to happen. 
Everyone saw it coming, she saw it coming. There was no denying that it was going to happen. 

He was never one to deny himself urges of the flesh, not when it came to beautiful girls or boys. 

The Queen of the Gods, sat there, completely exhausted. She had caught him this time around, but for once, she did not feel anger or hate. 
She felt tired. 

She was not ugly, she was one of the most beautiful goddesses, there was no other who was wife to the King. She was both cursed and blessed with the honor to belong to her brother, the most powerful of the Gods. 

Oh, how she sometimes wondered why she fell for such a trick. Maybe it should had made her more understanding, she was just another conquest for him. She knew how it felt to be taken against one’s will. 
No, she did not love him, how could she? When he forced her into a loveless marriage. Her marriage was in shambles, what did that say about her, the Goddess of Marriage and Childbirth? 

It was about her honor, as a wife. She never doubted her beauty, her power, or her grace. It was not in her to dwell on such things. Sometimes, a trickle of doubt sprung in her mind but she quickly dismissed it.

She was the Queen, wife to the King of everything. She would stay strong and firm. 
Mortals had to know that even if her husband acted in such a way, Hera would not be made fun of. She was a force to be reckon with. No one would ever forget that.

"



© 2011 E. Sanchez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on September 15, 2011
Last Updated on September 16, 2011
Tags: hera, zeus, greek, mythology


Author

E. Sanchez
E. Sanchez

About
Hello! I am not an avid reader or writer, but I do enjoy both! I started with writing fanfiction and I still do, but I have just started fiction. It is for this reason that I am here, to better .. more..

Writing