Which Type of Concrete Pump is Best for Small Construction Site?

Which Type of Concrete Pump is Best for Small Construction Site?

A Story by Ethan Brown
"

With manufacturers now offering many different types of the concrete pump for sale, it can be confusing for a construction company or a contractor to select one for a small construction site.

"

Concrete pumps are known to be highly efficient and can play a very important role in any small or large construction project. It is with the help of these pumps that the concrete can be pumped to heights. These pumps are very commonly used when a large amount of concrete is to be transported to greater heights, and other transporting methods are not feasible.

Concrete pumps are now available in many different types and sizes. If you generally undertake small construction projects and are searching for a used concrete pump, there are a few types which are better than others.

The concrete pumps ideal for small construction sites are discussed below.

  • Trailer Pumps

Trailer pumps are available in many different sizes. For a small construction site, a smaller size can be selected for transporting the concrete with utmost convenience. These pumps are also called as line pumps and are usually mounted on the back of a trailer or truck.

Unlike larger pumps which feature robotic arms, these smaller trailer pumps have hoses made from rubber or steel which reach to the required section of the construction site. Even if the section where the concrete is required is difficult to reach, extension hoses can be connected to make the access easier.

  • Boom Pump

While boom pumps are commonly used at larger construction sites, there are smaller pumps exclusively designed for smaller projects. These pumps feature robotic arm which is mounted on a truck and is operated through a remote.

The arm is easy to manoeuvre, making them an excellent choice for construction sites which are hard to navigate. Moreover, their concrete pumping capacity is usually higher than that of trailer pumps which make them ideal for projects which require a large amount of concrete. Moreover, you can also buy a high-quality used boom pump from reputed suppliers to experience excellent cost-savings.

  • Truck Mounted Conveyors

This type of pump features a conveyor belt mounted on the back of a truck for transporting concrete to the desired location. While they have limited reach, they are ideal for small construction projects. The conveyor can be adjusted horizontally and can also be rotated easily to keep placement time at the minimum. Several popular concrete pump manufacturers, like Putzmeister, Schwing, Concord, etc. offer such concrete pump for sale.

These are three of the most popular types of concrete pumps for small construction sites. If you only take up smaller projects occasionally, you can also look for used concrete pumps to save a significant amount of money while still buying a high-quality pump.

However, ensure you buy it from a reliable seller to ensure a quality product. Especially if you are buying used pumps, ensure the seller does reliable quality testing before listing it out for sale. 

For more Details, Visit: 

© 2017 Ethan Brown


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on May 30, 2017
Last Updated on May 30, 2017
Tags: Concrete Pump, Construction