Why is My iMac Running Very Slow?

Why is My iMac Running Very Slow?

A Story by Ethan Mamac
"

Get more techniques on iMac difficulties, that assists advice your own question the reason why our iMac running slow?

"

Many computer experts will agree that iMac is a very superior computer as compared to many others and as a result it is more expensive and more revered. Hence, many people will buy iMac for both personal uses, as well as for business use. However, while it is one of the best computers, many people will complain that their iMac is not performing up to the task.  In these instances, you may ask yourself why is my iMac running slow?

For the concept of iMac running slow, there may be a variety of reasons. Luckily, there are many websites which dwell on the concept of “iMac slow” and you can find variety of reasons for it. However, one of the main reasons for a slow iMac would be the limited amount of disk space which may be available. In the functionality of iMac, some space on the hard disk is used as a supplemental memory by the operating system during its daily operation. Hence, some of the content will be cached on your hard drive while you are running some programs.


 As a result, if there is not enough empty space left, it can affect your computer and you may end up with a very slow and unresponsive computer. Thus, by removing some programs that you don’t use, you will be able to add some more space on your computer, which can increase the supplemental memory. There are also several software that you can install to regularly clean out your hard drive, in order to make it more efficient. Furthermore, when your disk is not cluttered, the data access can become more efficient as well and that would also improve the speed of your iMac and you won’t have to say iMac running slow.


Of course, after doing this if you are still saying why is my iMac running very slow; then you might want to consider a memory upgrade. This will probably be the most effective option, as your operating system will have more memory to work with. This can be a great remedy for iMac running slow. However, not all iMac will have the capacity for the same RAM change. Usually if your iMac was bought before 2006, then you may only be able to add 2 GB of extra memory. But, if your iMac was purchased after 2009, you may be able to get as much as 16 GB or even 32 GB for the newest models. Naturally, with that much RAM, your machine will work wonders and you may never have to ask why is my iMac running slow.


If you are not able to buy new RAM or if you are not even able to clear up some space by removing some programs from your hard disk, then you can still try out some easy procedures.  Like any other electronic device, iMac can also be affected by electronic clutter which can accumulate during its operation to cause iMac running slow.  Luckily with special start up and resetting tips, you can find various solutions as well.  This way, you can enjoy your iMac to the fullest and you will also have the peace of mind that you deserve.

 

© 2014 Ethan Mamac


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4502 Views
Added on September 5, 2014
Last Updated on September 5, 2014
Tags: iMac running slow, iMac slow