Everything you need to know about stoves and cookers

Everything you need to know about stoves and cookers

A Story by Arnold Kotak
"

If you are thinking about adding a new range cooker or wood burning stove to your property then you will no doubt have undertaken significant research before coming to the decision to move forward.

"
If you are thinking about adding a new range cooker or wood burning stove to your property then you will no doubt have undertaken significant research before coming to the decision to move forward.  Ultimately it is a big decision to make, and with stoves and ranges costing a not insignificant amount of money, you want to make sure that you have made the right choice.


One of the best things you can do when starting to go down this path is to seek the advice of a professional, someone who has experience of fitting and perhaps servicing these appliances.  They will then be able to discuss with you your specific requirements, and ascertain what is likely to be the best option for you in terms of appliances.  One good example of people you can contact for this level of advice is the Heatstore.

What to look for when finding a fitter

When it comes to finding someone to fit your new stove, burner or range cooker you need to make sure that they have the necessary skills and experience to do a good job.  Whoever it is that does the work for you will need to be HETAS registered and Gas Safe.  This is to make sure that they have the necessary knowledge and qualifications to install your item safely and to industry regulations.  If your installation has not been installed by such a registered professional then it is not going to be approved, and if anything goes wrong, you are unlikely to be able to make any claims on insurance or under warranty.

It is also worth asking whether the fitters working for a particular store or retail unit are sub contracted, or are employed directly. While this may have very little impact on their ability to do the work at hand, it can affect the level of responsibility fitters take with regards to their installations, and can ultimately impact on your level of confidence that they will do a good job.  Knowing that fitters are directly employed by the store that sent them you will have immediate trust that ownership will be taken if anything goes wrong, and you will have course for redress should you need it.

Finally, it is advisable to find a fitter or installer who has experience of working with chimneys.  As you will need to have a flue installed with your wood or multi-fuel burning stove it is handy to have one person that can cover every aspect of the job.  This cuts back on costs, but can also make a more professional finish.  Heatstore UK will be able to provide you with all of the information you are likely to need and can provide you with the best advice to move forward.

© 2015 Arnold Kotak


Author's Note

Arnold Kotak
The author has a keen interest in heating systems and solutions. His articles on the subject inform readers about all aspects of Heatstore.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
Added on January 26, 2015
Last Updated on January 26, 2015
Tags: Stoves and Cookers, United Kingdom

Author

Arnold Kotak
Arnold Kotak

New York, NY



About
The gastric juices of young children contain, in addition to those just mentioned, the enzyme rennin, which acts on milk. Some foods, including simple sugars and alcohol, are absorbed directly through.. more..

Writing