Chapter 1: Where It All Began, And Begins...

Chapter 1: Where It All Began, And Begins...

A Chapter by ewest1220
"

He remembered this place. Like an almost non-existant dream...

"

Chapter 1: “Where it all began, and begins...”


A young man approached the ruins of a small town. It was a bright warm day, the sun directly overhead. The town had been burned to the ground by an army of thousands, his master had told him. They had come to kill one of the damned but instead took hundreds of innocent lives in their wake.


He remembered this place. Like an almost non-existent dream. He pondered this feeling for but a second, then resumed his investigation.


As he walked through the debris and charred human remains he spotted what appeared to be a main road. He walked down it for a short bit and noticed something odd. An inn almost untouched by the surrounding violence was sitting at the end of the road. An eerie feel emanating from it's wooden walls.


Issak pulled back his hood slowly and stared at the forgotten building. His master had told him about this building. He had told Issak that the events that occurred here had resulted in him being sent to his master's school. But he couldn't help but think that there was something more to the story. Something his master had “forgotten” to say.


Issak stood around six feet tall, his eyes had faded to a deep dark brown but still shone that vivid blue every time he had one of his “episodes.” He wore a brown leather jacket, two long daggers lay sheathed within its folds. On his belt he had another weapon sheathed. A sword, nearly as long as he was tall. The blade was razor thin, straight, and single edged it was as unique as it was deadly for the metal was such that it did not break or shatter.


He reached down, his brown hair blowing in the breeze, and withdrew the long, thin sword from it's sheath. Gripping the blade in both hands he began to practice. He had spent 18 long years learning the art of the sword and he was not about to let himself forget how to use it. Especially considering all that he was.


Suddenly his mind fogged. His eyesight changed, a bright blue aura obscuring his vision. His body shook, and he felt his soul shatter as his power cam rushing to the surface. He opened his mouth to scream but fire filled it instead. The inferno blazed within his chest as his mind raced. And just as suddenly as the pain began, it ended. Gasping for air he watched in horror as the air around him ignited and the entire town exploded in a mass of fire and wind.


Issak stood there, exhausted by his loss of control. Leaning on his blade for support he peered around to see what had he had done.


The explosion had been much more powerful this time. What little remained of the town had been blown away into the surrounding hillside. Trees rent asunder by pieces of building and miscellaneous rubble that now littered the countryside.


“At least there wasn't anybody around,” he though miserably. “Nobody for me to kill...”


As if in answer to his statement he suddenly heard the desperate shriek of a woman in the distance. “Help me! Somebody! Please help me!”


“No!” Issak thought furiously as he sheathed his blade and broke into a dead run.


Issak sped along the path towards the voice. Her cries for help muffled by the obvious sound of a violent struggle.


Knowing full well the urgency of the situation Issak loosened his hold on the power. It radiated within him like a massive orb trapped in his chest. The power from the orb seeped into the rest of his body enhancing his strength, and most importantly, his speed.


He thundered along the path, an avalanche of death awaited. Yearning to be released on the unsuspecting rogues. He reached within himself, calling on the power to give life to the wind and leapt into the air. The force of the wind hurled him into the sky like a cannonball. And as he reached the peak of his jump he smiled softly. The avalanche was falling quickly on his unsuspecting prey. He unsheathed his blade and plunged toward his new victim. An almost sinister laugh lingering behind the force of his falling wrath.



© 2012 ewest1220


Author's Note

ewest1220
Alright this was copied straight from a written page so there may be typos. Please let me know where I can expand, what questions are unanswered or, really, any input you have on this book this has been a long time in the making. I have the entire book written I just need to translate it to text. Thank you guys so much for reading and for your support you guys are awesome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this story is so thrilling and interesting.making you to stick to it till the very end.i really liked this character .i don't know but i imagined him like "Clod" of Final Fantasy..he's totally coollll!!!!!!!!!....i'm so excited to read further........well.i can surely say one thing about it.....it would be a great supernatural story for me.........great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Awesome! I'm really glad you liked it! Thanks for reading Atiba Sheikh!



Reviews

wow! you really know how to build suspense and action! Bravo!

Posted 11 Years Ago


this story is so thrilling and interesting.making you to stick to it till the very end.i really liked this character .i don't know but i imagined him like "Clod" of Final Fantasy..he's totally coollll!!!!!!!!!....i'm so excited to read further........well.i can surely say one thing about it.....it would be a great supernatural story for me.........great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Awesome! I'm really glad you liked it! Thanks for reading Atiba Sheikh!
nice, I'll keep continuing to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
a sword as long as his body would be carried on the back normally. also the way issak gets his powers isnt clear or very dramatic. it seems like it just randomly happens. you could also expand it a little with more detail about the scene and character. great chapter.. good start for your book, hooks the reader in.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Interesting point actually I'll have to toy around with that. As far as the power it's a very sudde.. read more
Very interesting. Not a completely original idea, but it's not a common one. I am intrigued and excited to read the rest.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!
Reading on, I am no expert when it comes to SPAG, so I will not mention any, unless something really stands out. The chapter again was well written and held my interest once again. I will read on, to see where this story goes.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

I have no idea what SPAG is but sounds good ;)
Sarah Hitchcock

11 Years Ago

LOL, you know when I added that I thought I wonder if the writers here will know what it is. It was.. read more
Still intrigued, He's now grown, seems to be a handsome one. Learned in the sword fighting, love that because I love knives in general :). I'm getting to the captivated stage of your work. now to continue :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Hey I'm glad this is beginning to captivate you :) I really hope you enjoy my work thanks again for.. read more
Wow! An incredible fist chapter! So much mystery, nice imagery and I liked the description of Issaks episode. Looking forward to finding out why he has them. Great job

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Wow! I'm actually really flattered that you're enjoying this book thank you so much for reading! I.. read more
Lost in Wonderland

11 Years Ago

No problem at all:) thank you for sending me the read request; you have me hooked!
Oh Wow! A great start to catching a readers eye, as I am even more intrigued myself. Looking forward to the rest ^_^ I didn't catch any typos either, course then again, I was so caught up, they might have eluded me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm really thrilled you enjoyed my work Emily! It's always nice to hear from you!
i like it the detail in it make me like im in the story myself

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Great! Thanks man I'm really glad you liked it!
Brandon Mathis

11 Years Ago

always do like your work

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1356 Views
36 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 28, 2012
Last Updated on August 4, 2012
Tags: Book, Dark, Reflective, Fantasy


Author

ewest1220
ewest1220

Columbia Falls, MT



About
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have been featured in about 4 books, have won several contests for my work and currently have a paperback edition of my works. (Titled "A Winter Wa.. more..

Writing
The Light The Light

A Poem by ewest1220


Black Rain Black Rain

A Poem by ewest1220



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..