Chapter 15: Broken Heart, Broken Body

Chapter 15: Broken Heart, Broken Body

A Chapter by ewest1220
"

“Your eyes, it's as if I'm looking into the ocean...”

"

Chapter 15: Broken Heart, Broken Body


“How was dinner?” Elenor said softly in the cold moonlight. The beauty of the garden shining pale around her smiling figure. A beautiful white dress swaying in the breeze.


“Uneventful,” Issak said cooly. “Your father has nothing but the highest praise for me, nothing more was truly said.”


“Don't be like that,” Elenor said with a sigh. “My father owes you a great boon, as do I...”


“I care not,” Issak said. “I appreciate everything you're trying to do, but I don't belong here.”


Elenor paused for but a second her eyes staring into his. His eyes were cold and filled with silent sadness.


“I know your secret,” Elenor said softly. “And I...”


Before she could finish her sentence there was a rustling noise she felt her wind fall from her chest as the flat side of a cold knife met her neck.


“What secret?” Issak snapped angrily.


Elenor just sat there smiling. Her eyes reeling from the shock from Issak's blow.


“What secret!?” Issak shouted this time. “I swear to god I will...”


“You wont,” Elenor chocked. “You don't have it in you to harm an innocent. Do you really think I can't see that.”


Issak's teeth clenched in fury as he increased the pressure of the blade. “Are you sure about that?”


“Yes,” Elenor said simply hiding her terror behind understanding eyes. “You are a shifter, aren't you?”


Issak sighed softly and stepped back. Elenor choked as the knife was lifted from her neck and fell to her knees. She gazed up in shock as Issak's eyes began to change. Filling with a bright blue hue.


“They're beautiful!” She said in awe. “Your eyes, it's as if I'm looking into the ocean.”


Issak stared at her confused. “Don't you realize?” He snapped. “If I don't leave here I will kill everyone in this castle, it's inevitable.”


“I don't care,” Elenor said desperately. “You aren't a monster, you should not be punished for your existence.”


“And yet!” Issak shoted. “I am! I killed the only man to show me compassion, I probably killed my family, and worse I killed the only woman to treat me like a human being!”


“What am I then!” Elenor shouted. “Have I not treated you with compassion? Have I not proven worthy of your trust?”


Issak turned on his heel and began walking back toward the castle. A silent tear falling from his eye. Elenor ran after him desperately.


“Wait!” She shouted loudly. “Please wait Issak! I want to help you.”


“Nobody asked for your help!” Issak shouted as he raised his hand into the air. Elenor watched in awe as he shot upward into the sky. He landed on the roof of the castle, his blue eyes glowing bright in the now colder night sky.


“Merade I know you're there,” Elenor said through frustrated sobs.


Merade approached her from behind a hedge, he knifes withdrawn and cold indifference painted on her sharp face.


“What do I do?” Elenor sobbed. “I thought if he saw compassion he would...”


“He would what?” Merade snapped. “He would care for you as much as you him? You heard him loud and clear the last person who dared to love him died at his hand.”


“I care not for accidental death,” Elenor said angrily. “He is not evil and I will not treat him as such.”


“Then what about dangerous!” Merade shouted. “Don't act like a little girl, this man is a danger to himself and all around him. He must be dealt with.”


“Please,” Elenor begged. “Just bring him back, don't hurt him. Let my father decide.


Merade paused as she looked into Elenor's desperate eyes, then nodded in agreement and disappeared into the night. Elenor collapsed on the ground, sobbing furiously. Her foolish heart bleeding misery into the darkening night.


***


Issak released his hold on the power as he fell into a dark alleyway. He was in danger, the king would not stand for such a man in his castle there would soon be guards chasing him. Not Amas soldiers, innocent people. People with families, and futures.


“Issak?” Said a woman from the darkness of the alley. Issak wheeled around to face the black air, sword drawn. Surely it could not be Elenor, than who...”


Cautiously a woman appeared from the darkness. Recognition shot through Issak's mind. It was the woman from the woods, the one who had fled into the Amas camp after he had saved her life.


“Do you remember me?” the woman said, a cautious smile on her face.


“How do you know my name,” Issak asked, blade drawn.


“You don't remember?” the woman said sadly. “I didn't either at first, you've grown so much since that day.”


“Be quick about it woman!” Issak shouted. “I don't have time for...”


Issak paused in horror as the woman raised a thin gold necklace into the air. A small golden cross swinging back and fourth, shimmering in the moonlight.


“Where did you get that?” Issak stammered as he stepped backward, shock plastered on his cold face.


“I got it from you Issak,” Elizabeth said with a warm smile. “It's been awhile but after you saved my life I... I realized who you were. You are Issak, aren't you?”


Issak stood there in cold disbelief, his long blade clinging on the cobblestone path at his feet.


“N...No.” He sputtered desperately. “You're dead, I saw you die.”


“The explosion was not as bad as you thought.” Elizabeth said carefully. “Issak, you barely killed anyone that day.”


“I watched them dig the graves!” Issak shouted. “Hundreds and hundreds of graves! My master and you were buried right before they ran me out of town! They beat me halfway to hell and left me in the woods to die!”


“I was captured by the Amas.” Elizabeth said calmly. “I was trying to escape when you found me in the woods. I didn't recognize at the time.”


“You ran back into the camp!” Issak shouted his fury rising.


“I was terrified.” Elizabeth sobbed. “Please Issak, you don't know what it was like to see you like that. You're eyes were so bright, you were in so much pain... Please Issak let's leave this place, let's start a life together in the wilderness. I'll make sure you don't hurt anyone anymore.”


“No,” Issak shouted coldly. “Not without answers. Follow me.”


Issak grabbed Elizabeth... no, this strange woman by the hand and called on the wind. It's newfound life blasting them into the air. She gave a gasp of shock as the impact of the wind hit her chest.


They landed on a flat rooftop in the center of town. The moon had ducked behind the clouds giving Issak's face a sinister hue. His mouth twisted in fury.


“Demon of my past,” he sneered. “You come here in the guise of the only woman I loved. The one I killed with my own hands. Bearing the only gift I could afford to give her. And promising her love and a life together in her name. Explain yourself!”


“There's nothing to explain!” Elizabeth shouted into the night. “You didn't kill me that night Issak! Just like you didn't kill me near Haman!”



“There is a curfew in this city,” Issak sneered. “I could leave your lies in the middle of this road. How long do you think it would be before the guards show up and escort you to prison?”


“Remember when the other students had beat you up?” Elizabeth said even more desperately. “I was your only friend in that awful place. The others beat me up too just for being close to you. They called you a freak...”


“I am a freak!” Issak shouted furiously as his eyes changed tone once again. “Look at me, these are the eyes of the damned. This is the mark of the devil!”


“All I see is the man I love,” Elizabeth said calmly. “I see him hurting, and it hurts me in return. Is that truly so evil?”


Issak raised his hand and his blade flew into his hand. He tossed the cross neckless back at Elizabeth. “If you are truly Elizabeth than leave me be. I will only lead to your misery. It is all that I am worth.”


“No Issak,” Elizabeth said quietly. “Please let me show you, come outside the gates with me and I will show you my heart's desire.”


Issak stared wildly into her eyes, they were full of confidence. But confidence in what exactly? He nodded calmly and sheathed his blade. Holding Elizabeth's hand he leapt from the building. “The front gate is ahead, I'll lead the way...”


Suddenly there was a sickening thud. Elizabeth screamed and ran from Issak's side. An arrow was protruding from his back. He reached for the power furiously allowing it to completely envelop his body and soul.


He wheeled around to face his adversary. Tao stood before him, bow in hand and face hard as stone.


“Didn't we tell you not to leave, the damned must be judged by the king alone for their sins.” Tao said calmly.


Issak screamed loudly as he reached for life fire surrounded his hands. His eyes reeled back into his head as he prepared to attack.


“Aman netierdre sinthon!” Issak felt something strike his back as the power left him. His eyes lost their hue and the bright blue flames disappeared. He turned to see Merade clicking a chain to her wrist. The end of which was attached to the arrow serrated into his back.


“You will go nowhere tonight Issak,” Merade said with a smirk. “The curse of your people will bind you to this chain. Do not resist.”


Issak snarled furiously reaching for the arrow in his back. Pain shot through his body wracking his very bones as though lightning had been shot through them. He gave an ear-splitting cry of pain and collapsed, his eyesight blurring and fading to black.



© 2012 ewest1220


Author's Note

ewest1220
The second in a three chapter addition to my story. In chapter you'll get a little hint of Issak and Elizabeth's past. The whole story will be told in the following chapter, but not to Issak. Please let me know what you think! This is very raw so any feedback is much appreciated! Thanks again for the help everyone!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

“And yet!” Issak shoted. “I am! I killed ----shouted

“Uneventful,” Issak said cooly. ----coolly

A small golden cross swinging back and fourth, shimmering in the moonlight.----forth

He tossed the cross neckless back at Elizabeth.----necklace

This was a wonderful chapter! Cant wait to read more

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Wow thanks! I'm glad you like it thank you so much for reading!
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

No problem :)



Reviews

there's a lot in here, but u need to flesh things out to thicken up your writing...more detail

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

I'll get to it! Thanks again for your input I really appreciate it!
I love it, E! I'm in the book! :D Lol. It has so much in it, and every time something happens, my heart just pounds with the thrill of trying to figure out what's going to happen before it does. I'm so excited to see what else is going to be happening. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Wow I'm thrilled you like it my friend! Thanks for reading!
The story just keeps getting interesting. Love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)
“And yet!” Issak shoted. “I am! I killed ----shouted

“Uneventful,” Issak said cooly. ----coolly

A small golden cross swinging back and fourth, shimmering in the moonlight.----forth

He tossed the cross neckless back at Elizabeth.----necklace

This was a wonderful chapter! Cant wait to read more

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Wow thanks! I'm glad you like it thank you so much for reading!
Taylor H.

11 Years Ago

No problem :)
Good write chapter flows

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

Thanks!
This is great.. When is next chapter coming up?
Keep writing it!
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ewest1220

11 Years Ago

It's up :) Sorry it took so long to reply to this I've been so busy lately I haven't had time to get.. read more
Anonymous Girl

11 Years Ago

Its okay :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

584 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 14, 2012
Last Updated on October 14, 2012
Tags: Book, dark, angel


Author

ewest1220
ewest1220

Columbia Falls, MT



About
I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I have been featured in about 4 books, have won several contests for my work and currently have a paperback edition of my works. (Titled "A Winter Wa.. more..

Writing
The Light The Light

A Poem by ewest1220


Black Rain Black Rain

A Poem by ewest1220



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..