An Open Letter To A Perfect Stranger

An Open Letter To A Perfect Stranger

A Story by Fahmida Mehreen
"

To he who must not be named.

"

Dear Mr. Stranger,


I was walking down my bumpy road and you were on yours. At intersection, when I looked ahead I saw a glittering palace. What did you see?


Thereon, began a new walk with fresh reflections. The radiance illuminating. The path demanded to be checked where the world stood; to check where to stop and where to keep going.


This enigmatic trance is commanding enough to make a perfect stranger like you embrace the deepest emotions. Someone who I have only known from a short glance and a quick talk can become the reason for me to box up all my broken pieces and rebuild my hope of recollecting myself. Weird, right?


The short conversations turned out to be stories for a lifetime. The minutes of catching up became precious memories. The cognitive stroke of incidentally brushing one’s hand with another activated utmost lure. An adrenaline rush caused by the echoing in my heart. Such emotions remain wide awake even when the world sleeps; my body lies inert on the bed. A simple manifestation of untold that I happened to have heard. The part of me as a part of you is nameless, but you have become more perceptible in me than your own existence. An inexcusable happiness popped up from the moment you stepped into my life as a being. Otherwise, the rationale for irrational regrets and ludicrous distresses knows no bounds. But yes, that one known unknown tells me to throw away everything that took away all hopes to smile again. To live again.


Will I be able to throw it away? Will you vow to overrule all imperfections of my life? Will it only be a feeble dream or will it be a surprising reality? Will you stand by me forever or will you disappear just like every other stranger I see everyday?


Between gaining and losing there is only a minute's distance. Do not pursue denial. It will only start a fuzzy longing and end up being an everlasting imprecision. 


Please give me a sign. You are holding a place in my unruly heart. Either abode in it forever or vacate it before my own broken pieces start to slash me and destroy me all over again. There is no excuse, dear Stranger, for breaking what is already broken.


With hope,


From Ms. Stranger

© 2016 Fahmida Mehreen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

' The heart is capable of robbing oneself. It has a life and a drive of its own. Is it weakness or strength, depends on the catalyst that is causing the heart to steal its own heartbeat. '

Sometimes, more rarely than often, we come across a person with whom we have that precious 'Something' - there's a feeling that it holds a life full of promise.. maybe, perhaps.. who knows. To wave forward, to beckon, to discover...One needs signs, ongoing not occasionally; need assurance, a sense of permancence rather than a moment in history.

Perhaps? Your story has quite a complex theme.. it;s breaking down its own barriers at the same time needing them there to help make a decision...

Fine writing.. needs re.reading over.. over again

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.



Reviews

I'm hard to impress... but damn... This was deep genius mode at it's most intricate levels. I think you see the undercurrents like some of us do and you detailed them in a gorgeous view with this piece... kudos... Also agree with Barleygirl that your firsthand account was your power hand so to speak but because you let the reader inside your thoughts and emotions brilliantly. I will check out more of your work when I get the time..little diamond in the rough!
..Misty

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much for the encouraging compliments. Keep reading!
What a beautifully bittersweet, extravagant write that takes us deep into a moment, a glance, a passing place where lives can be transformed or abandoned in a breath. Your words so softly caress the page, and awaken every hope that life and love will last.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your hearty appreciation. Means a lot.
Story is just heart-throbbing......combining words and compiling form of sentences are distinctive...
"Will you be mine? Will you keep me yours? Will you and I be “us”? " These are nicely expressed.However, to me, you ought to reveal your cherished feeling to stranger.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

:)
Thanks for the valuable reviews. Keep reading.
Saifullah Tahsan

7 Years Ago

u r most welcome.......
I like the overall storyline here . . . the longest paragraph is the best, where you are finally breaking out of the analytical mode & moving into the descriptive mode, where we can finally see what all this fluttering fuss is about. I'm sorry to say that the first half of this story seems to be a little too oblique & obscure, using stilted language & passive sentence structure. It gets much better when you start to loosen up a bit & tell the story in a more firsthand way in the second half.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

I appreciate your constructive feedback. Thank you for taking your time to read and review this.
' The heart is capable of robbing oneself. It has a life and a drive of its own. Is it weakness or strength, depends on the catalyst that is causing the heart to steal its own heartbeat. '

Sometimes, more rarely than often, we come across a person with whom we have that precious 'Something' - there's a feeling that it holds a life full of promise.. maybe, perhaps.. who knows. To wave forward, to beckon, to discover...One needs signs, ongoing not occasionally; need assurance, a sense of permancence rather than a moment in history.

Perhaps? Your story has quite a complex theme.. it;s breaking down its own barriers at the same time needing them there to help make a decision...

Fine writing.. needs re.reading over.. over again

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review.
So nicely written. There is hope and as long as we see that ray of light we opt to follow it.
I hope and pray for you, that everything turns out well.
These lines really touched my heart:

".Please give me a sign. You are holding a place in my unruly heart. Either abode in it forever or vacate it before my own broken pieces start to slash me and destroy me all over again. There is no excuse, dear Stranger, for breaking what is already broken."






Posted 7 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Shabeeh. You have always been an inspiration.
That is just wonderful. That is not just a 'perfect' open letter to a perfect stranger. How well you have expressed your emotions and feelings. The way of yours of combining words to form sentences is peculiarly unique and lovely. You have got a brilliant style. Good choice of words. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Rohilla! I am glad that you liked it.
Some words are not just mere words, but a d.. read more
Vatsal Rohilla (account shifted)

7 Years Ago

Very well said indeed. That's so true.


So beautifully written ....I loved the way you have created it....breathed life into it....wonderful....holds so true to all the strangers ;) good one.... keep creating ..loved reading your work

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable review. Keep reading. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

668 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 26, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

Fahmida Mehreen
Fahmida Mehreen

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
An aspiring writer, chasing dreams. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


He will be... He will be...

A Poem by Gee


Wicked Wind Wicked Wind

A Poem by Seriana