Sorry?

Sorry?

A Story by Fahmida Mehreen

It is saddening that all your sentimental confessions came down to just one word: Sorry.

Sorry, that supposedly means feeling distress especially through sympathy, or feeling regret or penitence, or just a polite expression of apology. But of course, what good can sorry do? Even if I willingly take The Sorry, what glad tiding should I expect it to bring?

I, too, am sorry that you feel guilty of breaking my heart. But, before expressing your utmost grief and pity, please place your bloody hand on the cracks of my heart. Cut yourself on the sharp broken pieces. Cut it deep. Let the blood splash out. Your blood, this time. Feel the excruciating pain. Feel it so much that you scream out loud in tantalizing agony and your screams run back to you like a ghost. Your ghost, precisely.    

And then, when finally the echo of your scream faints you only need to realize that you have cut your tough palm, and the weapon to cause such inflicting damage was the slaughtered pieces of my heart that you have kindly left with me. What do you feel now? I am generous enough to give you a bandage with antiseptic to cover and heal your wounds. But you, I must say, are conniving to offer a “sorry”.  

Sorry? No, I am sorry.   

© 2016 Fahmida Mehreen


Author's Note

Fahmida Mehreen
Yet again, just some passing thoughts put down together.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

your thoughts reached me straight away !
what an amazing thinking and the way of writing.
i can learn from you

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

I am truly honored by words. Feel free to share your thoughts. That is what binds us here. Keep read.. read more
In your words there arises such a world of what was, and what painful confessions drowned the beautiful Love in dark waters. And yes, sorry is such a frail word after the soul is found bleeding.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

It is. Only the one enduring it knows it.
Very powerful and touching! I can relate to things you wrote. The word sorry was used too much and therefore lost it's meaning. Really sad. Awesome piece of writing. Thrilled to read more you wrote!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your appreciations and constructive feedback. Glad that you liked it. We have all s.. read more
Oh Fahmida. This is so sad. The way you place your words is amazing. It really touches the heart of the reader.
And you are so right, sometimes "sorry" is just a habit. Those deeds that bring out the sorry are repeated again and again.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your gentle review. Your works are immensely powerful too!
And, as you.. read more
I loved your perspective regarding 'sorry'. Strangely, this mere word sorry has different implications in different sets of time. A heartfelt sorry too cannot soothe an aching heart. And sometimes people yearn for this mere word sorry their whole life.
I liked the ending line a lot.
Very well Written!!


Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot for your hearty appreciation.
People take a lot for granted. That is when true .. read more
Wow, "please place your bloody hand on the cracks of my heart. Cut yourself on the sharp broken pieces. Cut it deep." This said it all to me.
I'm sorry as well. I can stop trying to imagine a would cause such pain.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Some bruises never really heal. No matter how much we try, no matter how much others try, everything.. read more
sinNsincerity

7 Years Ago

I like to call them mental tattoos.
Strong yet meaningful words for such an overused to the point of it seeming meaningless word as sorry. You've limned vivid imagery and had fitting feelings expressed. Tyfs!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you for the review. As you said, a word that is much frequently used without actually implying.. read more
Cyprian Van Dyke

7 Years Ago

You're most welcome Fahmida :)
I can relate to this so much. I bet every human relates to this story in some way or other. This was very powerful and it truly left me wonderstruck. I love your word choices. Good job. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Polly. I am sure of what you said. This is about a sentiment, about a perspective, tha.. read more
deep, dark, and powerful, i like it

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you. :)

Keep reading.
Angel of the devil

7 Years Ago

welcome. :)
What a deep and dark piece of literature. It is really excellent. Today, I listened to very fine lines from some poet today- "I thought of burning my heart to ashes, but then I remembered you are there in my heart too."
The marvellous sort of heartfelt feeling that is aroused by your piece and by this couplet are so equal to each other in intensity, yet so different in some ways. Great work. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Fahmida Mehreen

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your appreciating review. Truth be told, when I was putting all the words down.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

761 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 27, 2016
Last Updated on August 27, 2016

Author

Fahmida Mehreen
Fahmida Mehreen

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
An aspiring writer, chasing dreams. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..