Her Heart Held His Memories

Her Heart Held His Memories

A Story by Tallulah
"

He couldn't remember but she would make sure he did.

"

“Help, help, Somebody help me! I think he’s dying!” Fall scream out loudly and helplessly. She was so very scared, so scared in fact that her heart was beating a mile a minute and she was dizzy, very dizzy. Seeing him like this, it took so much away from her and she didn’t know what to do. She couldn’t believe that she had found her self in the very same position that her stepfather had found himself so very long ago. She knelt next to him on the ground and looked at the completely totaled car she had just pulled him and her self out of. The whole front was completely banged in and the sides.  She looked in to his lovely face, blood was covering it and she was crying hard.

 
 She loved him she really  did, more then anything in the world. She valued him more then she valued her own life, if it weren’t for him she would probably be dead right now. She saw the flashing red and white lights her vision was blurred and she didn’t think she could stay awake for much longer.
 
 
 
She was being lifted into the air. “Ms, Ms, you have to stay awake, look at me. Come on sweetheart, Tell me you’re name.”
 
 
 
“F-Fall Litman…”
 
 
 
“Okay Fall, sweetheart, I want you to tell me what happened.”
 
 
 
“We were coming home from our date, we were hit , by a drunk driver I think…our car skidded and I think we hit a tree or something.
 
 
 
“Okay sweetheart that’s good, can you tell me today’s date?”
 
 
 
“Is Gabriel going to be okay?”
 
 
 
“Honestly honey, I don’t know. He’s in the ambulance ahead of us. They’re doing everything they can for him.”
 
 
 
“Oh god,” Fall prayed in a hoarse whisper. “I need him to be okay, I need him to live, with out him there’s no reason for me to see tomorrow. Don’t bring him to your kingdom just yet. I still need him here. Please, I’ll do anything for him to stay alive. Please God, Please.”
 
 
 
She was being lifted again and brought in to the hospital. The bright light hurt Fall’s sensitive eyes. A sweet woman  was leaning over Fall her eyes were filled with worry. “Fall you need to stay awake. Just a little while longer then you can go sleep.”
 
 
 
“Is Gabriel…?”
 
 
 
“He’s in surgery right now sweetheart they think he’s going to be okay.”
 

 
 
Fall opened her eyes to a sterile white room and beeping sounding  at her side. She heard soft whispering and she listened closely.
 
 
 
“And Gabriel, is he going to be okay?” Rebecca was asking a doctor or a nurse.
 
 
 
“He should be fine, he’ll live, he has some major brain damage right now and he might not remember anything when he wakes up, but the doctor is convinced that he’ll regain those memories when the right trigger comes along.”
 
 
 
”And Fall?” Jessica asked she was crying it was clear.
 
 
 
“Fall should be perfectly fine Gabriel got most of the damage. All Fall got was a broken arm and a large gash in her head, they were lucky they were both wearing seat belts or they both could’ve been dead right.
 
 
 
“Thank God for Fall’s insistence that everyone wears a seat belt when they’re in car with her. I used to think it was annoying.” Ariel said with a soft sad laugh.
 
 
 
Fall sat up in her bed she felt the IV’s pull a bit on one arm and she felt the heaviness of a cast on the other. She touched her head gingerly and felt the stitches on her head.
 
 
 
“Oh thank god you’re awake!” Jessica said hugging Fall gently and dropping kisses all over her face.
 
 
 
“Jessica you’re hogging her, you’re not the only on that almost lost her.” Rebecca said.
 
 
 
Jessica moved aside and Ariel and Rebecca took her place. “Thank God you’re okay, I can’t lose you I can’t.”
 
 
 
“Fall are you okay?” A small hand tugged on Fall’s and Fall looked down to see Melanie looking at her with large red rimmed eyes, she was still crying and this was all killing her to see all this.
 
 
 
“I’m fine munchkin, just fine.”
 
 
 
She turned to Rebecca, “Where’s Gabriel?”
 
 
 
He’s up a floor or two.”
 
 
 
“I need to see him. I need to see him and that he’s alive.” Fall said looking around franticly for him.
 
 
 
“Hold on a second Fall, I’ll get a nurse.” Jessica said.
 
 
 
“This nice nurse right here will bring you too him. We’re just going to go up before you okay.”  Fall nodded.
 
 
 
The nurse loaded Fall into a wheel chair took her to a elevator. She waited impatiently for the elevator door to open.
 
 
 
“Hurry, hurry.” Fall whispered anxiously to the nurse as she pushed Fall down the hall.
 
 
 
“Patience sweetheart, Patience.”
 
 
 
 
Fall entered the room and she saw Gabriel, they had shaved off his golden brown hair and his skin was pale and sickly, but he was still in every way Gabriel. Fall’s loving Gabriel and her boyfriend. He was looking at Rebecca, Melanie, Ariel and Jessica quizzically.
 
 
 
 
“Who are you people?” He asked. His voice sounded just the same to Fall and it calmed her fast beating heart.
 
 
 
 
“I’m you’re mother.” Rebecca said softly, choking on her tears. “This is you’re little sister Melanie, this is Ariel and that’s Jessica.”
 
 
 
Fall stood from the chair slowly against the nurse’s specific wishes. She walked over slowly to Gabriel.
 
 
 
 
“Do you remember me, Gabriel?” Fall asked softly. Tears were running from her eyes but a smile played on her lips, she was just so happy that he was still alive.
 
 
 
Gabriel shook his head slowly. “No I’m sorry, I don’t.’
 
 
 
“I’m Fall, you’re girlfriend.” Falls aid softly.
 
 
 
Gabriel shook his head again. “No, I can’t remember I want to but I can’t…”
 
 
 
Fall stood in front of him and held his face in her hands and kissed him softly. “Do you remember now?” She asked softly. He shook his head again. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “All I know is that I love you, but I don’t’ remember who you are, or even why I’m here.”
 
 
 
“That’s fine, that’s enough. I’ll tell you everything you need to know until you remember.”
 
 
 
Gabriel reached out gently and kissed Fall on the tip of her nose and Fall smiled. “You missed. Aim a little bit lower.”
 
 
 
Recognition lit in his eyes. “We were in a forest… I was trying to tell you I loved you…. I can’t remember, Fall, why can’t I remember.” He voice was vulnerable, scared and  upset.
 
 
 
“Shh…it’s okay I’ll tell you.” Fall took a seat next to him on the bed and held his hand everyone got comfortable around them. “It was Valentine’s Day. All day during school I was receiving these strange gifts from a secret admirer. They were roses and jewelry and chocolate and my very favorite…”
 
 
 
“A painting, “Gabriel said softly, “One that I painted of you myself. It was my favorite too.”
 
 
 
“Yeah.” Fall said with a nod. “I agreed to meet you after school, only you used my best friend against me and together you too kidnapped me.”
 
 
 
“We drove to a forest, the one with a waterfall, it was the place I used to go to all the time when my dad died.” Gabriel whispered.
 
 
 
“Yeah, and when you removed the blind fold from my eyes, I was so caught up in the scenery that I almost forgot to look and see who my admirer was. When I did, I was so shocked.”
 
 
 
“I told you I loved you... and then you tease me for a while pretending to think about it. I told you that if you broke my heart that day I would let the girls at school eat my heart and kill me because I would have no reason to live.” Gabriel said. Fall smiled and nodded.
 
 
 
“I asked you to be my valentine and you said ‘Valentine, girlfriend, babe I’ll be whatever you want me to be as long as I’m with you.”
 
 
 
“The next at school I got that disturbing talk from your friends, but I wasn’t really scared because I never had any intentions of hurting you anyway. Gabriel said clearly.
 
 
 
“I remember that day…”  “I drove all you crazy in helping me prepare to woo Fall, you guys wanted to kill me.”
 
 
 
“No not kill you just knock some sense in you, you were so nervous.” Rebecca said with awatery laugh.
 
 
 
“I asked Melanie to write out the notes and Mom, I asked you to write, no mom I asked you to go buy the roses and help me cook the dinner. Ariel I sent you out for some things too. Jessica you helped me pick out the jewelry. Annabelle, she helped me write the poems and  she was the one who helped me get every thing to you and she put the first to roses in you’re locker, she helped me kidnap you too…..”
 
 
 
“Yeah Annabelle was the traitor.” Fall said with a laugh. Gabriel looked at Fall with wide eyes, they were wider then plates.
 
 
 
“I love you,” he whispered softly. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.”
 
 
 
“That’s good.” Fall said with a soft laugh, “because I was hoping to spend the rest of my life with you too.
 
 
 
“Do you remember how we first met?” Fall asked.
 
 
 
“No…”
 
 
 
“I had just moved to Hallindale and it was my first day in school, at lunch you approached me told me I should leave and that no body wanted me here, that I was just another w***e.”
 
 
 
“That’s horrible why would I do such a thing?”
 
 
 
“You were pretty arrogant back then. You didn’t like the fact that I was getting all the attention….”
 
 
 
 
“I thought you were pretty…” Gabriel said “But you had that type of attitude. It was like you thought you were better then every one else…”
 
 
 
Fall laughed, “That’s funny because that’s the first thing I though about Jessica when I first met her.”
 
 
 
“I know I was there…”
 
 
 
"You’re remembering?" Fall asked surprised.
 
 
 
“Yeah I think so…”
 
 
 
“That’s good” A doctor said entering the room. “I’ve never seen someone recover so quickly. Gabriel you are going to be just fine. In fact you can leave the hospital tomorrow.”
 
 
 
“Thank you God, thank you so much. This means everything.” Fall muttered hugging Gabriel tightly.
 

© 2009 Tallulah


Author's Note

Tallulah
This is a Candy bar scene from my NanoWriMo novel. I never did find a way to fit this into the story so for right now it stands alone. i might post the novel up here one day. Tell me what you guys think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww! That's so sweet!! I want to read the rest of your novel now (as if I didn't want to before)! My only critique is your grammar; I do ask that you review it before publishing. Otherwise, I love it!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very romantic. I liked it. The setting/plot mastery is evident in your work. With some grammatical reviews, I'm sure it will be a masterpiece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i knew it. i did. i said to u they would be together. i knew it.yes i did. and my only comment, that might be negative towards this is that it is a little rushed, in it's all. but its still beautiful. a little choppy in the punctuation department and a bit of the words were jumped, something i often do too. but that's about it. oh and i wanted to tell u my faaaaaaave part.

"I asked you to be my valentine and you said 'Valentine, girlfriend, babe I'll be whatever you want me to be as long as I'm with you."



Posted 15 Years Ago


omfg this is so romantic! I almost cried reading it!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

262 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 19, 2009

Author

Tallulah
Tallulah

NY



About
Hi! My name's Tallulah! I'm a 16 year old girl. There's not much to say about me. I like to write, draw, read and run. I love music and am trying to learn to play the guitar....failing at it though. I.. more..

Writing