jingle

jingle

A Poem by Dan Birker

jingle

and i have seen the nappy headed hobo who roasts alcohol outside of Sunset blvd. and i have loved those who have kissed my through window sills and i still don’t know where the divine one is but his head is full of lost birthday parties and inbred memories and though i am the son of my father and my hand caresses the sweet blue sky, my cigarette breath dances on its high heels and slaps the blue out. and though the wind forgot to blow i remember the chants of many monks who lived in huts because the national government has forgotten them, and though skyscrapers lift up their hands of light, saluting the dogs in the grey concrete, their minds still wander about on tree stems and blossoming flowers. and i live on the banks of vigilance with a firm grip on the false reality, and although the doves where bulletproof vests, the guns of the hungry will still puncture them. and below the howling echoes like a sea of cacophonous angels, traffic hums the hymnal to Ginsberg who writes of Marx and Chango, and i have spoken the word of Buddha who laughs at ghosts and thin souls. and i have woven suits of armor and textiles for blood stain children with chains for hearts and i have lived the devils dross and have won the battles of wilder beasts and sung of the unsung and fluctuated though time with a knife and teaspoon and since have wondered about the countenance of earth and how the sun reflects the moon in a manner that resembles my face and floats back down to warn me that it’s 11:55 am and im in the classroom with a zipper undone.
 

© 2008 Dan Birker


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

kissed my through window (me?)
and although the doves where bulletproof (wear?)

but all the rest of it is glorious, man, talk about stream of conscious, you have effortless flow with the s**t you got going and I for one am resounded off of and a fan.

Posted 16 Years Ago


hahaha nice poem i enjoyed the last line... i liked the whole bussiness taking over deal... its s true you know what they say "Pave paradise and put up a parking lot" tubular write

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2008