They, He and You.

They, He and You.

A Poem by Mio
"

This derived from the excessive amounts of spare time I have right now.

"
Darling, if for even a split second you listened to them, then looking back now you would be laughing, not crying.
They told you the truth about your future, but all you could envision was his unrealistic insanity.
And all you achieved was sickness.

Darling, you knew it would all end okay, yet you spent the nights shaking.
You were regurgitating the stews you were forced to eat in hope of maintaining some health.
And all you maintained was discomfort.

Darling, in your mind he was starving too, and crying himself into artificial fatigue..
When, really, he wasn't. In reality he was beyond distressed, but still being well with you in his mind and his head in the stars.
And all you felt was a false sense of self-blame.

Darling, the hours grabbing at the miniature toy which he had gifted to you on the previous reunion didn't work.
They were an attempt of substituting your desire- resulting in wasted hours, wasted on nauseating lies.
And all you did was fabricate more with your mind.

Darling, I wish you could have opened your eyes to just realise he would waste his entire life for you,
He would destroy anything if that was what brought your satisfaction. They expected too much of him, darling,
And all he wished for was your pain to diminish.

Darling, please understand the hurdles he jumped and the pressure, pain and confusion he endured.
It was all to ensure that he could visit you again, so that your fingertips would trace the marks on his skin at 4:00am.
And all you both wanted was a bond that was sealed with invincible ties.

But Darling, despite the others, him and yourself: you got that. It was spelled out from the day he lay eyes on that body you loathed.
It was destined from the second he heard the voice which you saw as so repulsive, and your belief that he would listen to anyone but you was proven wrong.
And all he ever did was oppose everything for you.

© 2014 Mio


Author's Note

Mio
It was a quick job at 3:00am.
Based on something I experienced/I am currently experiencing, because of a problem created by my boyfriend's father because of our relationship, in which he temporarily separated us.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 22, 2014
Tags: sad, relationship, anxiety, missing, couple, separation, waiting, achievement, hope, success, worry, love

Author

Mio
Mio

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
I'm Mio and I'm 14. My boyfriend, writing, art, music, anime and crappy TV is my life. more..