view from my eyes

view from my eyes

A Story by fejia
"

I'm a foreigner living in Kent, UK. this is how I see the place I live in.

"
it rains a lot where I live. and days are short. mornings are very cold and grey, just Sainsbury’s cars are orange. 
people are mostly sad or bitchy-kind-of-annoyed at things - things like buses and weather and how cold radiators are and how unfair their minimum paying job is.
streets are mostly wet, clean and empty.  after 7pm there is hardly any people in the streets. Just on Saturday nights, usually around 11pm, they fill with mega miniskirts and hyper high heels wearing, barbie looking girls and suited boys, waiting for a taxi to finish off a very heavily drunk night.
also, there are a few regular street musicians. I feel somewhat sorry for them. it’s usually very cold and windy and wet and grey and, empty, and they just sit there and play and sing. and give life to what otherwise would be a dead empty street.
and London is different. there’s a lot of people there. and a lot of roofs. and a lot of glass. and times goes faster there. and there are so many people and they are everywhere. especially in the underground stations and in tubes. on peak hours, you feel like a sprat in a tin. everything is so fast. and there's a lot of beautifully dressed stylish people. it’s absolutely fascinating view of a personality in grey mass, and it happens a lot in London. 
it seems like there’s ambition going on in this town. 

© 2015 fejia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good writing, I like the way you describes the place you live. However, I personally suggests you to show more than just tell. You can give more details of people's activities or the atmosphere of your place. However, this is just a suggestion. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
1 Review
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015
Tags: UK, Kent, London