SATURDAY

SATURDAY

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee
"

What if you dreamt of your death? Cam does. In infinite detail.

"

I woke up. Light drizzled into the room from a gap in between my curtains, falling directly on my face. I groaned as I rolled over and shoved my pillow over my head. Though it always seemed to work in movies, I gave up when breathing became difficult and dragged myself out of bed. Dragging myself downstairs was even harder.


I sat at the breakfast table and poured myself a glass of orange juice before grabbing several pieces of toast and taking them back to my room. My sister shouted after me about taking something that was hers " probably the toast. I ignored her and slammed me door again, managing to completely avoid my mother. I wasn’t even sure if she was home.


I put the glass down on my table, and threw the toast onto the bed, pulling out several sheets of paper and a pen. I remember how angry my mother had been about the fight. How unsympathetic. How self-righteous. I picked up my cell phone and dialed Katie’s familiar number. It rang and rang, until there was nothing but beeping.


I positioned myself on the bed, lying on my stomach; paper perched precariously on my pillow and began writing:


There you stood, looking at me,

Painfully making me feel out of place.


I stared at the words on the page, making so much sense to me. I wondered if anyone would even notice if I disappeared. If anyone would miss me if I died. I shrugged and wrote a second line as it came to the forefront of my mind:


No move to comfort me, no calming words,

Completely expressionless look on your face.


I had another line ready when my sister came barging noisily into my room; I’d forgotten to lock it. A made a mental note not to forget next time. I was in no mood to entertain little sisters. She skipped around the bed for a moment, then hovered like a bee over my shoulder. She was fifteen and acting like a child. I wanted to smack her as she repeatedly asked what I was doing and why and how. I glowered at her. She took the hint. I locked the door behind her and picked up my guitar.

 

You left me here wondering what I did wrong,

No way to get to you, ‘cept through this song.

 

So this one’s for you.



© 2010 Samantha-Lee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

wohoo guitar player! I love guitar, its so soothing whether im playing of listening. Awesome so far

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

543 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2010
Last Updated on February 26, 2010
Tags: fiction, teen, death, dreams, dreaming, premonition


Author

Samantha-Lee
Samantha-Lee

Sydney, Australia



About
Apprehension, anxiety and fear plague me. I'm scared of being alone. Of being stuck somewhere I do not want to be. Of losing myself. I'm afraid that one day, I will wake up, and everything that is my .. more..

Writing
Epilogue Epilogue

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee


1. 1.

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee


2. 2.

A Chapter by Samantha-Lee