Live Your Life

Live Your Life

A Story by Flame DM
"

Basically, this is me writing right on the website right now. I'm angry, pissed, and sad that people take life for granted. So take it as you will.

"

i've had  a pretty decent life.

 

People have problems and have seen horrible things, and I cannot relate to much. I have one dramatical instance that I still think about, written about and carry with me, but other than that, real sadness and pain can illude me. I'm one of the lucky ones that have a good mom and a dad, who are on the rocks right now but with twenty years of marriage and eight kids under the belt I have hope that everything will be ok, great sisters, and I have self confidence in myself that everything will turn out alright. I've dealt with school drama, and I've had a sister that wanted to kill herself. But we pulled through. Whatever happened, we pulled through. Because, guess what folks, that's what life is about. You pull through and you make it another day. I know there are alot of problems out there, alot of emotional problems that can really make a person fragile, but honestly? To want to take your life away because of it?

 

I want every single person who reads this to stop and think for a moment. If you ever felt that pain in your heart and felt you couldn't handle ANYTHING anymore. Just think. Think first about people that you talk to. Alright, do you have that in your head? Those people. Now think about the people close to you. Can you do that? You say you hate pain, but do you even realise what pain you put people through when you go. Life is like a web, a chain. Your never alone no matter how much you think you are. You will no doubt affect someone with whatever action you do. So why the hell would you want to make someone suffer the way you think you suffer because you can't take it? I'm sorry, but this is the one thing that pisses me off to no end. I get angry and start pulling my hair in frustration.  If I decided to kill myself, right now, I know what I would have done. I would have my mom or dad hold my little baby sisters, trying to explain to them that dear old Flamey's never coming back. She's not at a friend's house and the tears in everyone's eyes, well they're there because Flame couldn't handle the pain so she decided to take her pain and drop it on everyone else's shoulders to burden. At school? I know even the people that were cruel to me would be affected. Because guess what, life's not a joke.

 

I know there are hells in this world. But do you understand how lucky you are? How lucky we all are? Consumed at looking at the horrible tragic side of everything we take for granted at what we can do. For starters, because I have life, I can move my fingers across this keyboard and write what I'm feeling. Do you know how many people are in hospitals right now, that do not have that ability? That fight every day to stay alive and function not like a normal person, but just to function? And here we have people ready to kill themselves because they can't emotionally handle it. You can. You can because its inside you and if those people in the hospital bed, in wars, facing tyranny, have the will power to live no matter what the conditions then you can very well live because you have friends and family for support when so many dont. Does anyone realise the freedom we have? The ability to take a walk outside, see the scenery, the fresh air. Let your mind wander and think. I walk outside and I don't think about the weather, instead I look around because I can. I can see and hear and walk correctly and my heart is beating. My frikken heart is still beating so I'm going to enjoy every little thump that it can produce.

 

People spend so much time focusing on what they dont have. What hurts and how you can't take it. Well, the STOP THINKING LIKE THAT! When you have a bad thought, think of two great things that you have. They can be small. For one, I have a broken arm that didn't heal right so I will have arthritis down the road. You know what I say to that? So what!  I have an interesting story to tell people on how I broke that arm and because I broke that arm, I got to read the sixth Harry Potter book since a lady lent it to me. Stop focusing on all the bad and take in the little things that your given. The little things matter and there are many of them that you get a day. Maybe it can be just sitting down on your bed finally resting after a tired day, or getting a glance of the moon, or talking to a dear friend, but they're there. And they exist. Your alive. So many people aren't. Life is a gift and people are stomping on it like its nothing nowadays and I am infuriated with that. Do you even realise that life can be taken away from you at any moment? Nothing is guarenteed, and there is no such thing as the perfect life. I think its the imperfections that make it perfect and worth living. Why would you want to end something that we are so lucky to have. Dont think about the past. Dont think about the future, just for the love of God just live. Live Life!

 

For all that have ever wanted to die. I sound harsh, but I am pleading. Not just pleading, begging! BEGGING YOU to please realise what your giving up. Dont do something like this because you wont even have time to regret it, but you'll have many people regretting it for you. Love those thoughts that you have in your head, because you have thoughts because your alive! Love the fact you can speak. Love the fact that you can see. You can hold onto people. Hug people. Shake hands. Take walks. Run with friends. Goof around. Sleep in late. Tell someone off. Pick a fight. Tickle someone. Smile. Frown. Go to the beach. Watch a movie. Have a pet. Talk to someone. Visit a loved one. Just please, please please stop worrying about what's happening. Live life. Everything gets better, you just have to be willing to let it.

© 2009 Flame DM


Author's Note

Flame DM
I felt like ranting. And this is how i feel.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Girl I so applaud you right now... you are saying what I have always tried too... no matter how bad you have it there are others worse off, so remember what you have, I couldn't have put it better... and yes on suicide, it is not only cowardly but will hurt anyone close to you so it is also selfish...

my ex-wife was that way, always complaining... one day on TV they had a guy on who lost both legs in war... he ran the Boston marathon on his hands... I pointed that out to her of how he did something positive in wake of his tragedy.

The point being, love this whole thing and the message it delivers...

p.s. it's great to see something new from you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hmmm...I have a different take on this. Perhaps because I work in the behavioral health field. Yes, it is understandable how you feel. I even reach out to you now and place my hand on your shoulder. Pain is pain...and upset is upset....no matter how anyone else feels your pain is your pain and everything is relative. Those that have given up hope are need of many things, but first and foremost, we must hold hope for them until they can hold it for themselves. Now, I am not talking about those that use "suicide" as a weapon. "I'm gonna kill myself because you don't love me"...I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about those that have given up all that is within them and don't even have it to reach out to others. This is an epidemic of magnanimous proportions...and can only be dealth with by those of us that have the strength reaching out and holding their hand. HOPE is a gift that can be given to any and all who need it.

I think, at least by reading your rant, that you are speaking out against those that complain about what they don't have. In which case I am in total agreement. "I used to complain that I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet".

This was a well thought out and executed rant and I tip my hat for your honesty.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Girl I so applaud you right now... you are saying what I have always tried too... no matter how bad you have it there are others worse off, so remember what you have, I couldn't have put it better... and yes on suicide, it is not only cowardly but will hurt anyone close to you so it is also selfish...

my ex-wife was that way, always complaining... one day on TV they had a guy on who lost both legs in war... he ran the Boston marathon on his hands... I pointed that out to her of how he did something positive in wake of his tragedy.

The point being, love this whole thing and the message it delivers...

p.s. it's great to see something new from you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ATG
This was a well written rant.

I think you got your points off great. I agree with you too. Life is precious and worth living.

I myself have never experienced something so horrible that it made me think about suicide, but I can easily see why people do it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 24, 2009

Author

Flame DM
Flame DM

Hull



About
Hey! Not sure what to really put in my about me, but I'm just gonna wing it, so everyone just bare with me. I don't really give out my real name, sorry, buuut that's just the way it is. You can know m.. more..

Writing
Day One 12/15/09 Day One 12/15/09

A Chapter by Flame DM



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..