Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

A Chapter by firabelle
"

No spoilers! Read on, my friends.

"

I stepped behind him without a thought, immersing myself in the light. My feet hit a something smooth and level- probably a floor. The light slowly faded, leaking back into the walls, and so did the euphoria that it brought. My feet seemed to drag on the floor, filled with the lead that the light had taken away. My shoulders rolled forwards, and I opened my eyes. His sexistness and Orenda were looking at me.

“Come, we have no time for this; I do not want to be blamed for your tardiness,” said Orenda, brushing past me with ease.

“What was that light?” I asked, suddenly the curious like Bard was when he met someone new. An ache filled my chest, accompanied by immense guilt. I had already forgotten all about him, and I had had him for several years now.

Neither of them said anything, instead choosing to walk over to the black ten-foot diameter disk set into the floor. The room was decorated in the same style as before; gleaming white walls, gold and silver trim, etc. The floor was stone this time, though. I looked back and the door’s color palette had been completely switched; the door was black with gold trimmings. Next to it, the walls no longer appeared the shade of freshly fallen snow, but sun-bleached bone. Shivers ran down my spine, and I wondered where the gold glow had gone.

I stepped onto the disk hesitantly. Immediately, the golden border of the circle rose, spinning like the disk around older model globes of the Earth. “What’s happening?” I asked to no one in particular, my earlier hostility towards His Sexistness and Orenda forgotten for the moment. I’d say I was scared shitless, but I’d pretty much lost my family, friends, and whole world in an instant, and was about to be thrown into another, and just didn’t have a s**t to give to anyone, much less a f**k.

“Relax, it is but a teleporter. Nothing to be afraid of,” said Orenda listlessly.

“Yep,” I sassed. “That’s completely normal, especially since I should be at a ball right now, or at the very least sleeping. I’m pretty much a part of the walking dead right now. Why is the time all screwy here?” I asked, the long hours finally getting to me. It looked to be four in the afternoon here, and it should be about two in the morning back at Dublin.

“Time differences,” replied His Sexistness shortly.

I could feel myself getting slap happy, like I had been in such a horrible mood that it was starting to go opposite. “By the way, what’s your name?” I asked him. “I’m just asking ‘cuz I’ve been calling you ‘His Sexistness’ inside my head, and I probably should not be doing that. Right? Or am I wrong?”

He just sighed, and so did Orenda. I could tell, even in my near-delirious state, that I was getting on their nerves.

Meanwhile, the edges started turning faster and faster, to the point where they made a translucent gold globe around us. It seemed to solidify, but do nothing else. After a few moments, my curiosity was spiked to the point of wanting to reach out and grab at the mesmerizing gold haze. Before I could do anything, Orenda grabbed my arm and held me back.

“Just keep in mind that I can make you not do something with force, and vice versa. Do not jump out until we tell you to, otherwise you will most likely be flung to the far side of the galaxy.” Her thick, African accent made the words sound even more menacing.

“Jump out?” I asked, startled by her words. Sure I wanted to touch, but I wasn’t going to touch because that would probably be extremely dangerous. But jumping out? “Nope. No way, Jose, that’s crazy-talk,” I shouted back over the rising sound of the spinning circles and solidifying sphere.

“No it actually isn’t!” shouted back Hist Sexistness.

“What’s your name? You still haven’t told me, your Sexistness!” I shouted back randomly.

He looked like he was letting loose a huge sigh. “If I tell you, will you jump out with us?”

“How do I know that you’re not trying to kill me?” I asked.

“Why would we want to kill you?” asked Orenda, obviously perplexed.

“You both said that you didn’t care about me, just your rep with the Irish!” I nearly screamed back.

“Well, we still need you alive! Will you jump if he tells you his name?” asked Orenda.

I nodded. They would be royally screwed if they didn’t keep me alive, so I figured that it would be safe to trust them. The wind was picking up, and if we were going to jump, we would probably going to do that whole thing pretty soon here.

“Just call me Will! On my count,” started Will, (previously His Sexistness.) “Jump on three!”

I nodded, my slap-happiness forgotten in my adrenaline rush.

Orenda prepared to take off, squaring her shoulders, and pretty much just gathering the sheer will to take the leap. I did the same, all the while looking on uncertainly.

“One!”

The winds swirled visibly, whipping my cloak around.

“Two!”

My feet started to feel shaky, and my legs were like jello.

“Three!”

They both grabbed my arms, and pulled me off with them. I screwed my eyes shut, falling into oblivion for the second time that ‘day’. This time, however, I didn’t start screeching at the top of my lungs.

After a few minutes of just falling, we all landed on something cushy enough to break our fall. I opened my eyes blearily to see an elderly elf-looking lady standing over us, mainly me.

“Welcome to the home of the Irish, my dear.”




© 2016 firabelle


Author's Note

firabelle
Sorry for the short chapter again! Do you think I should combine this one with the previous one?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on June 3, 2016
Last Updated on June 3, 2016


Author

firabelle
firabelle

Ann Arbor, , MI



About
I'ma high school student who loves shakespeare, classics, and fantasy/fiction, as well as writing. I'm looking to get my writing out there, and I thought this was the best place for it! more..

Writing
Anything Anything

A Poem by firabelle


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by firabelle