Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Kelly
"

A date gone wrong... terribly, terribly wrong.

"

Chapter One

She examined herself in the mirror. She was on the short side, with a muscular build, but decent curves. She had never truly been satisfied with her body but, hey, some people were worse off. Most boys didn’t seem to mind it. She narrowed her hazel eyes in a Tyra Banks worthy glare, then relaxed them, and watched as they returned to their natural almond-shape state. Her nose was well defined, and her cheekbones were high. People were always complimenting her cheekbones, almost as much as they were her lips, which were big, pink, and full. Her sharp face was offset by a wide jaw, which gave her a sort of unique look. Overall, she had what you would call a nice face. Beautiful, even. But different from your typical idea of beauty. She had always thought of her facial features as dangerous-looking and feral, like a wolf-woman or some other crazy sexy monster would have. You know the type, pop out of nowhere in a flashy dress with fabulous curves and an intoxicating smile, seduce some poor man and then eat him or whatever.

She smoothed on some eye shadow, and followed it with liner and mascara. She blinked a few times, making sure she looked as flawless as she could manage.

“Ugly.” Her stupidly smart blonde sister walked by her bathroom looking frail, pale, and irritating, as always.

“Yes you are.” Tuesday chimed back, smiling, allowing the false-sweetness to saturate her expression.

“Well at least I have a normal name.” Her sister’s intrudingly huge blue eyes widened as she poked her head into the doorway. “At least I’m not named after a day of the week.”

“My name’s exotic. Your name is boring. Sorry. You lose. Good bye.” She shut the door and yawned lazily before turning around and letting her eyes scan her room for a decent pair of shoes. Ah. Flip-flops. Probably not suitable for a date… but that was too bad. She didn’t feel like wearing boots and everything else she hated. Yes, Tuesday really hated wearing shoes. They made too much noise and were, for the most part, hard to run in. She pretty much flat-out refused to wear any pair of footwear apart from boots, heels, and flip flops. Boots tended to be expensive, school and parents outlawed heels, so she was pretty much stuck with flip flops, which was fine by her. She grabbed her phone from her dresser and checked the time before shoving it into her purse. 6:57.

“S**t.” She swore softly to herself before bursting from her room.

“Hey Mom! I’m gonna be late! I’m supposed to meet him at seven!” she yelled, cutting through the silence of her house.

“Well I’ve been waiting for you.” Her mom yelled back from downstairs. Tuesday quickly made her way down, taking the steps two at a time. Her mom was waiting for her at the door with her hands on her hips, car keys in hand.

“Thanks.” Tuesday said as she opened the front door. The autumn wind instantly battered her frame and she suppressed a shiver.

“I think you need a jacket.” Her mom clucked as she stepped past Tuesday.

“Mom, we’re going to be inside. Restaurants usually have heaters.” She replied. Her mother shrugged, but didn’t respond. Sure, she felt a little awkward having her mom drive her there, but hey, what was a fifteen year old without a permit to do? She opened the car door and slipped onto the leather seat, snapping her seatbelt into place as she waited for her mom to jam the keys into the ignition and go. Finally, the wheels rolled back and the car eased out of the driveway, into the street, and off into the evening.

“Thanks again.” Tuesday said as she stepped out.

“Where’s Ethan? I don’t see him.” Her mom asked, squinting out of the car windows.

“Uh…” Tuesday paused, looking around. “I dunno. Maybe he’s not here yet.” Her mother sighed.

“He should be here. You’re ten minutes late.” she said without turning her gaze to her daughter. Stupid boys. Tuesday fished her phone out of her bag so she could call the idiot.

“Hey, you.” A deep, dark voice came from behind, like dark chocolate laced with raspberry. It seemed to caress her cheeks as the sound slid past her ears, surrounding her. She turned around with a small smile.

“Ethan.” She said. “I’d thought I had missed you.” She said quietly, raising her eyebrows just the tiniest bit.

“Not a chance.” Came his reply before he turned back to her mom. “Hello, Mrs. Summers. How are you doing?” he asked politely. She smiled sweetly at him.

“Very good, thank you Ethan. You two have fun. Call me when you’re done.” Tuesday closed the passenger door and her mom drove off.

“Tuesday Summers. Such a pretty name.” Ethan commented, taking Tuesday’s hand in his.

“Yeah right. You have no idea how much it sucks being named after a day. Then to make it worse my last name is a season.” Tuesday replied as they made their way inside. The restaurant was warm; she had been smart to not bring a jacket.

“I got here a little while ago so they already have our table ready.” Ethan said, guiding her towards a cute little booth near the back.

“Ah. Very secluded. You’re a smart one, Ethan.” Tuesday said, throwing him a flirtatious glance over her shoulder before slipping into the booth. He slid in right next to her.

“That’s true.” He kissed her cheek and squeezed her hand under the table. Where did I find such a perfect boyfriend? Tuesday thought to herself. Oh, that’s right. Science. She’d liked Ethan for a while, but she never thought they’d be more then friends. He was just so… perfect! He was gorgeously handsome, with striking green eyes and envy-worthy hair, which always looked soft. His features were masculine in a very bad-boy kind of way that drove her crazy. He was smart, funny, athletic… the image of what a guy should be. Eventually, she got impatient and just told him she liked him. She didn’t want to spend her entire life swooning over some guy, so she had decided she’d just tell him, face rejection, and get it over with. To her surprise, he had confessed to liking her as well, for probably about the same amount of time that she had liked him. They soon began dating afterwards. And God, had it been rewarding. He was not only a great kisser but did the cutest things.

“Really, sometimes I wonder if underneath all your boyish charm you’re actually hiding something. You’re not an axe murderer, right?” She teased with a smile He laughed, then leaned towards her ear.

“Close.” He murmured

“Ah, really? So what is it, then?” she spoke softly now. “A mad scientist seeking world domination? A monster?” her purr was interrupted by the waiter.

“Anything I can get the two of you to drink?” he asked looming over them like a suspicious school teacher.

“Water for me, please.” Tuesday smiled politely at the waiter, trying to send off some I’m-a-perfectly-responsible-young-woman vibes to the guy.

“Me too. Thanks.” Ethan said.

“And have you decided what you’ll be eating tonight?” The waiter went on. Tuesday glanced at Ethan before shaking her head at the waiter.

“Not yet. Thank you.” She told him. He smiled politely at the two of them before nodding his head and telling them he’d be back in a few minutes. As he walked off, she turned back to Ethan.

“So, what will you be having?” he asked her, leaning into her to read over her menu.

“You do have one of your own, you know.” She told him, picking up his menu and handing it to him. He gave her a boyish grin.

“Yeah I know. I like yours better.” She giggled and pushed him back.

“So really. What are you having?” he asked again. She shrugged.

“I don’t know. I hate making decisions. Maybe I’ll just copy you.” she told him. He shook his head.

“No chance of that.” He told her with an easy smile. She furrowed her brow in confusion.

“And why not?”

“I’m not eating here.” He said simply. She opened her mouth and widened her eyes in mock disbelief.

“Oh really?”

“Yeah, really. I’m going to eat something a little more… tasty tonight.” He said with a sly smile.

“I hope you’re not talking about me.” Tuesday said with a grunt, a little annoyed that he’d invite her to dinner and then not eat. So what was she supposed to do? Eat while he watched? Yeah that wouldn’t make her feel like a fatass or anything.

“And what if I am?” he said in that deep, seductive tone that he’d greeted her with. All irritation immediately melted right off her.

“Am I invited?” she asked leaning into him and staring into his big green eyes, while parting her pouted red lips in a matter that she knew he wouldn’t be able to resist. His eyes flickered down to her lips, then lower, then back up to her eyes again.

“Of course.” He bent down and kissed her fully on the lips. It was wonderful, as usual. After a few moments, he pulled back and she let out a small gasp of pleasure. “When would you like to leave?”

“How about right now?” she purred, blinking twice. He grinned at her.

“No problemo chiquita. Vamanos.” He let her get up and then followed, holding out his strengthened arm so she could lace hers through it. He seemed to radiate warmth, and she suddenly wanted to be even closer to him.

“You’re warm.” She murmured into his ear.

“Good. Cause outside it’s pretty damn cold.”

“I’m not afraid.” Tuesday said as she pushed open the restaurant door. Ethan laughed softly.

“But maybe you should be.” He whispered. She gave him a look, and he shrugged with another one of his boyish smiles. They walked down the street, content to be with just one another, not feeling the need to talk. She pressed into his warm body, and he placed his arm around her shoulders.

“You’re gorgeous. You know that, right?” He told her after a few minutes. She smiled, and looked up at him from the sides of her eyes.

“Well you manage to remind me whenever I forget, so yes.” She teased. Suddenly, he pressed his lips against hers, and pulled her in close. Surprised, but pleased, Tuesday kissed him back before pulling her lips away.

“Wait. This is too PDA.” She said, batting her eyelashes teasingly. He frowned, but it was quickly replaced by his usual smile. Tuesday wondered if she had even seen the momentary frustration, or if it was just the lighting.

“What if we go down there?” he asked, gesturing with his head down a nearby alleyway, his hands still gripping her arms. Tuesday turned her hazel stare towards the dimly light alley, blinking. Alleys weren’t uncommon in the downtown parts of her town, and it wasn’t like they lived in a city, so there wouldn’t be any crazy crackheads or gangbangers living there. Still, it was a little creepy… she paused, letting her lower lip fall as she thought.

“Uhm….” She looked at him desperately. Tuesday really did want to kiss him, just not in the middle of the sidewalk or in a smelly old alley. Even though they were probably safe… it still held a majorly creepy air.

“Please.” He whispered into her ear, kissing her cheek and slowly making his way to her lips. She shivered. She’d be with Ethan. No one would hurt her while he was there; he made her feel safe. His kisses paused, and she leaned into him.

“Sure.” She kissed him on the nose and pulled on his hand, leading him into the alleyway. He laughed at her.

“Tuesday, Tuesday. Such a brave, beautiful girl.”

“Your flattery wont get you anything from me.” She told him as she leaned against a wall and gave him a flirty smile. It was hard to see him in the alleyway, but the dappled streetlight accented his cheekbones and lips. His green eyes seemed to glow. It made him look even more attractive then usual, something she wouldn’t normally acknowledge as possible. This lighting better make my features look just as flawless. She thought to herself as he leaned in. Smiling faintly, she placed her hands on his strong chest, and let her fingers trail up to his shoulders, then slowly back down. She grabbed on his shirt and pulled him in closer, parting her lips seductively. His hands flew to her waist and worked their way up and down as she kissed him. His touch sent tingles up her spine and gave her butterflies, but not the bad kind that were awkward and uncomfortable. These ones felt good. Hell, they felt amazing. She wanted him more and more.

His kisses became more passionate, more insistent. She gave in and parted her lips so his tongue could pass through. His hands went up higher and higher, his fingertips pressing into her skin, and she let out a sigh of pleasure. He growled in response, trailing his kisses from her lips down her neck, making their way lower and lower…

“Ethan…” she sighed, eyes closed. He didn’t reply, just kept on kissing her. His normal soft, sweet kisses had been replaced by something completely feral. Any more pressure and they would have bruised her. Not that she wasn’t enjoying it, she just hadn’t realized he had the capability to kiss like that! His mouth at her collarbone, she ran her fingers through his soft dark hair. He growled again. It was deeper this time, throatier. It sounded so funny coming from his perfectly shaped lips, yet at the same time so perfect for her dark seductive voice. The hilarity of it took Tuesday by surprise and she couldn’t help the laugh that escaped her reddened lips.

Ethan looked up in surprise, his green eyes wide. They seemed to be glowing even more now, pulsing with an unrealistic looking light. Tuesday furrowed her brow, and pushed him back a little so she could examine him.

“Ethan, are you all right?” she asked, worried, taking his face in her hands. He snarled at her, and she immediately pulled her hand back. Before she could even say anything, he was on her again, kissing her collarbone.

“Ethan, stop! This isn’t funny. Your eyes look weird. I think you might be sick of something.” She said, awkwardly standing there as he kissed her. He paid her words no heed and continued to go at it at the base of her throat.

“Ethan! I said stop!” she said, her own voice coming out as a sort of a growl. She didn’t take well to being ignored and pushed him off her. “Say something!” she yelled as he staggered back. He managed to catch himself, and looked into her eyes. He was leaning forward, a little stooped, looking a little more gangly then she remembered. His eyes still throbbed with an eerie green life and his mouth was red from her kisses. He began to growl at her, a wolf-like sound filled with frustration and anger.

“Stop.. complaining” His voice had gone from sexy to terrifying. It was deeper now then it had ever been before, and had the same throaty quality as his growls. It was almost like he was growling out his words.

But that doesn’t make any sense. Tuesday thought, suddenly overcome with terror. My boyfriend is Ethan. Ethan Setstone. He doesn’t growl. She narrowed her eyes at him.

“I asked you to stop. You didn’t say anything.” She said, trying to hide her fear with irritation.

“That’s because I don’t listen to my prey.” He said in the same strange voice, throwing his head back in a laugh, which sounded more like a heavy smoker’s cough. “If I did, how would I ever eat?”

“What are you talking about, Ethan?” she asked softly, cautiously. He turned his eyes back to her and grinned, his teeth flashing. They looked… sharp.

“Ethan. I don’t know what you’re talking about. I’m done with this. I’m leaving. If you start feeling better, talk to me tomorrow.” At school. With people. Tuesday stepped away from the wall and cautiously started walking away from the boy.

“Wait, gorgeous.” He grabbed onto her wrist, and began to pull her closer. Tuesday tried to wrench her arm back, but it was no use. He held onto her like she was some little rag doll, which was surprising, considering Tuesday was far stronger then most girls, hell, she was far stronger then most boys her age. But Ethan pulled her back like she wasn’t even putting in any effort.

“Not so fast.” He teased, pushing her against the wall and putting his face up to hers. His breath was hot, rancid. It smelled of death and decay. She wrinkled her nose, considering making a snide comment on how straight up nasty his breath smelled, but thought better of it when she saw the glimmer of madness in his eyes. “I’m still hungry.” He pressed himself upon her, hands sliding up under her shirt. She gasped in shock, and he took the opportunity to force his tongue into her pretty little mouth. She struggled against him, but again, it was no use. She was trapped. But Tuesday wasn’t one who would give up so easily. She bit down on his tongue as hard as she could, and tasted coppery blood in her mouth. He pulled back, his tongue lolling from his mouth, scarlet droplets rolling down it. Then, Ethan howled. A full on, throw-your-head-back-to-the-moon-and-howl. Before Tuesday could even think about how to react, he was back at her neck, bruising her skin with his kisses like a peach being pressed by violent fingers. He was at her collarbone when she raised her arm, and hit him.

Ethan acted immediately, looking up at her and snarling, his green eyes ablaze, before snapping at her collarbone. His teeth caught her skin, and tore it, a clean slice from jagged teeth. She yelped in shock, collapsing to the ground, her legs splayed out underneath her while her hand flew to her collarbone, pressing against the wound. When she pulled it off and examined her hands, she saw blood.

“Stupid girl. Ruin my fun. I’ll eat you yet.” He growled, his words even less intelligible then they had been previously. He wasn’t even making complete sentence at this point, he seemed to just be muttering/growling at her. Then, he lurched forward, jaws snapping over her, as she gasped and threw her arms in front of her face and a weak attempt of protection. She braced herself as she waited for Ethan weight to come crashing on to her, for his teeth to skewer her wrists and maul her soft face.

She felt a woosh of wind pass over her outstretched arms. Terrified, she sank lower, pressing herself against the wall, and waited for a few moments. When nothing happened, she opened a cautious eye to see what he was waiting for. Had he remembered who she was and decided to spare her? Or was he just toying with her for his own sick entertainment?

He wasn’t even there. The place in front of her was empty, dark. A blood-thirsty snarl caused her to turn her head to the left. Ethan, or at least what vaguely remembered Ethan, for now he looked more beast then man, on all for legs, his once-gorgeous dark hair covering his forearms and legs. His clothing was torn, lying in tatters on his body, and she could see the dark hair along his spine. His noze had extended into a sort of muzzle, and his teeth had grown long and flashed malevolently in the flickering streetlight as he pulled his teeth back in a menacing growl that made her blood run cold. His ears seemed to extend as she watched him, his arms and legs bend in inhuman ways. She scuttled backwards, her hands groping the floor for something to use a weapon. What had scared him off like that?

And then she saw it. In between the two of them stood a… wolf. His fur was even darker then Ethan’s, he seemed to be a part of the shadow of the alleyway. It explained why she had not seen him before. She gasped, again, before her fingers blindly found their way to a rock. They curled around it, as she slowly stood up. The black wolf lunged at Ethan, lips pulled back to show snapping teeth. Ethan lightly leapt backwards, and jumped at the wolf’s throat, who quickly shook him off. A shadow loomed over Tuesday, and she quickly looked up to see a third shadow leaping over her, a light brown one. Another wolf? This was getting ridiculous. Tuesday could practically feel her chances of survival whittling down. She clutched the rock in her hand, and pulled her arm back, ready to throw it as hard as she could into the fray, hopefully smashing one of their skulls.

“No.” a cold hand clamped itself on her shoulder before she could do anything. Tuesday dropped the rock in shock, and turned behind her. A girl stood there, about her age. It was hard to tell in the darkness, but the girl’s eyes looked big and dark. She bared her teeth at Tuesday.

“They’re protecting you, can’t you see? Would you kill the one that saves you?” she asked, her voice filled with venom. Tuesday blinked in surprise.

“I… I don’t understand.” She said as a yelp of pain erupted from one of the wolves mouths and she jumped back to face the fighting wolves. It came from the black wolf, who was now snarling at his brown friend, a huge gash on his cheek. The girl behind Tuesday clucked disapprovingly.

“Dallas shouldn’t have jumped in like that. He’s putting both of them in danger.” She stated simply, taking her hand off of Tuesday’s shoulder. Tuesday looked at her in confusion.

“He has a name?” she asked, not even trying to hide the obvious confusion on her face. The girl sighed.

“S**t. You really don’t know anything.” She glanced at Tuesday before turning her eyes back to the fight. “Just stay here. Don’t do anything distracting. We should be able to take that stupid boyfriend of yours… he’s tough, but so is Armageddon.” She shrugged.

“Strange name.” Tuesday vaguely realized she was making conversations, although it felt like her insides were spinning around her. She felt dizzy, and a sudden heat came over her body.

“Yeah he named himself. No one really knows what his actually name is. I just call him Army.” She looked at her. “Hey, you feeling okay? You look kinda pale.”

“What yeah I’m fine.” Tuesday mumbled before her legs began to falter. She last thing she remembered seeing before her eyes rolled back into her head were the teal eyes of the brown wolf, looking back at her, bright in the darkness.



© 2010 Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow what an amazing piece! And I must say that I was totally in love with Ethan.....you know until he did the whole "eating" thing :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


wow, this is wonderful write. It is very descriptive and the story is well thought out. You did very well in this piece!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

432 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 21, 2010
Last Updated on January 21, 2010


Author

Kelly
Kelly

I wont go that far :), CA



About
Hi :) I'm Kelly, I'm 15, and I live in CA. I've been writing... forever. Actually. So. I like soccer and I'm a complete water baby. Especially in the ocean; I've been on swimteam since I was five a.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Kelly


Tuesday Tuesday

A Book by Kelly