The abortion clinic

The abortion clinic

A Story by Jason
"

Abortion is noted in American history as one of the most controversial subjects...here is a short fictional story that faces the issue today...

"

 

 
Mary Sue had her adamant views about abortion. She cries "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
Outside the clinic in where young and unstable women enter and stagger their way through the doors, Mary Sue proclaims here voice in a small but apparent circle of protesters. They stand with their homemade signs, written in bold font, with giant marker, just outside the property of The Women's Care Clinic. The would-be mothers huddle inside the clinic with lonely warn faces; faces of despair and disbelief, nervously gazing from hidden eyes- hid behind a veil of shame as they wait.
 
Mary Sue continued her protest - "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
 
Mary Sue and her clan would smite these women, who slowly dragged their defeated bodies through a thick river of torture and judgment, as if making their way to the gallows for execution. They held their heads low, as lowly as one could and still manage to walk upright.
 
Day in and day out Mary Sue took her stance and held firm her tenet, watching through raving eyes, as every day she circled outside; rain or shine.
Still she proclaims - "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
 
The anger and the resentment she had held boomeranged itself, slapping back into her face as she was walking home one evening. The man dressed in the dark colored shirt, heavy set in stature, heavy in stench, had snuck up behind her, seizing her against the wall, then on the ally floor. He pushed himself inside of her with no warning. She hid her eyes in shame.
 
Minutes later- he was gone.
 
Mary Sue made her way home and hung her head low, just about managing to walk upright.
 
The doctor visit was short. She was three weeks into her pregnancy. The retched man dressed in the dark colored shirt had been the father of the concieved.
 
Mary Sue stood at the Woman's Clinic. As the protesters stared in with their judgmental fury, holding and picketing with their signs, she made her staggered march inside, seemingly dragging her defeated body through the doors. Her instability had caused her to collapse, as the worker at the clinic gather her up she asked-
"We are ready for you Mary Sue. Are you sure you would like to proceed?"
Mary Sue uttered, nearly incoherently -"But I love babies, both born and unborn."

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story telling. This did justice in the realm of getting the message across. Great message. There's lot of times where a story can have a great message to aim for, and have a lot of under lining things but then no one gets it, and if no one gets it, then the point has failed. But in my opinion this did well to get the message across. You made it clear, which is why I think it's good. Keep up the good work. What was also great was that I could imagine the story as I read it, and that is also a strong point of stories. The ability to have the reader imagine it because after all we're reading not watching it, but it was as if I was there as I read this, and that is great. Good job once again.

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ady
This story was just full of insight that (no offense) I would not have expected from a man on this particular issue. GREAT JOB!

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is great. A wonderful mechanism in writing is to make the subject feel the opposite than what they felt at the onset. This is good writing. It's simple and effective.

Posted 15 Years Ago


LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I think it shows a good lesson, do not judge someone for their choices..not matter good or bad.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I love that as a man, you have opened this door to what I've always thought was strictly a female issue. Of course it affects men, but the primary reprocussions are female. Would ya look at me...I'm spouting off bullshit again. LOL!

Anyway, I have always considered myself pro-choice, and still do, but it was definately the hardest decision I ever had to make, and would like to never be put in that position again. Thank you.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow it makes one think.

Do we really know how it feels like to be in another's shoes when we voice our strongest opinions on their actions?
Reminds me of an incident where I had behaved this way....been judgemental when I should have shown empathy. It wasn't until many years later that I found out how it feels like to be actually put in that place.

Many of us need to read this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


A very insightful piece, one I wouldn't have expected to see from a man. (I mean no disrespect when I say that. Honestly, it's a compliment.)

I have no negative comments at all. It was well-rounded, detailed ideally for a short story, with an unexpected ending. Very well-written.

:-)



Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a pretty accurate account of these situations. I was young and dumb enough to be a staggering teen entering a clinic amongst jeers of "w***e" and "murderer". Yes, it's great to have high standards and morals (I was also an anti-abortion Catholic at the time who didn't yell my beliefs to the streets or clinics) but when you find yourself between a rock and a hardplace, it's always comforting to know there will be people around to kick you while you're down. Not. This is an excellent piece.

Posted 15 Years Ago


i found it interesting how your characters viewed the situation. it was profound

Posted 16 Years Ago


What I always say...you never know what you would do in these situations until you are put in them. I can see both points of view in this. It's a great write that should make people think. Judge not lest ye be judged.

Posted 16 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1448 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 26, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


     The Chat Room The Chat Room

A Story by Rain


Home Birth.. Home Birth..

A Story by Rain