The abortion clinic

The abortion clinic

A Story by Jason
"

Abortion is noted in American history as one of the most controversial subjects...here is a short fictional story that faces the issue today...

"

 

 
Mary Sue had her adamant views about abortion. She cries "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
Outside the clinic in where young and unstable women enter and stagger their way through the doors, Mary Sue proclaims here voice in a small but apparent circle of protesters. They stand with their homemade signs, written in bold font, with giant marker, just outside the property of The Women's Care Clinic. The would-be mothers huddle inside the clinic with lonely warn faces; faces of despair and disbelief, nervously gazing from hidden eyes- hid behind a veil of shame as they wait.
 
Mary Sue continued her protest - "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
 
Mary Sue and her clan would smite these women, who slowly dragged their defeated bodies through a thick river of torture and judgment, as if making their way to the gallows for execution. They held their heads low, as lowly as one could and still manage to walk upright.
 
Day in and day out Mary Sue took her stance and held firm her tenet, watching through raving eyes, as every day she circled outside; rain or shine.
Still she proclaims - "I love babies, both born and unborn!"
 
The anger and the resentment she had held boomeranged itself, slapping back into her face as she was walking home one evening. The man dressed in the dark colored shirt, heavy set in stature, heavy in stench, had snuck up behind her, seizing her against the wall, then on the ally floor. He pushed himself inside of her with no warning. She hid her eyes in shame.
 
Minutes later- he was gone.
 
Mary Sue made her way home and hung her head low, just about managing to walk upright.
 
The doctor visit was short. She was three weeks into her pregnancy. The retched man dressed in the dark colored shirt had been the father of the concieved.
 
Mary Sue stood at the Woman's Clinic. As the protesters stared in with their judgmental fury, holding and picketing with their signs, she made her staggered march inside, seemingly dragging her defeated body through the doors. Her instability had caused her to collapse, as the worker at the clinic gather her up she asked-
"We are ready for you Mary Sue. Are you sure you would like to proceed?"
Mary Sue uttered, nearly incoherently -"But I love babies, both born and unborn."

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, that was breathtaking. :P You really put this girl in a really situation: pro-life, raped... by her father, pregnant. What other choice would you have at that time? Excellent story, buddy! ^^ It really makes both the pro-life and pro-choice really think. :)

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

Posted 16 Years Ago


A perfect story - and lesson. Walk in different shoes and the view changes dramatically. I've been in those shoes and there are two victims. The mother and the aborted baby. Sad but true.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So tragicly sad. It's a good message though. Don't judge others until you've walked a mile in their shoes.

Wonderful write! Thank you for posting it. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sad. A lesson learned for the self righteous. To judge and then contradict. This story should be sent to all of the protestors. Are they walking with one eye open? Very good write!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1448 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 20, 2008
Last Updated on March 26, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Home Birth.. Home Birth..

A Story by Rain


Time Time

A Poem by Rain


The Brick'n The Brick'n

A Story by Rain


Primitive Man Primitive Man

A Story by Rain