The river into serenity

The river into serenity

A Story by Jason
"

Hear...the sounds of the serenity!

"

 

The cool spring flows from the edge of the forged cliff. Refreshment that pours from the uneven land, enjoying your effortless current as it massages my ears, hearing the soundtrack of the rush of water that runs through my imagination. Once I could carry on about the faults of the world, the destruction of the land and the end of the earth -but as you dance with my soul and carry my impurities down the river; you recycle my uncertainty into a drop of hope that forms itself inside of a riverbed- flowing toward larger waters, distributing yourself to the world...

 

 

 

A perfect accident. As pure as the beauty that surrounds you. The green pastures stand still and admire; the dandelions bow over- as if to honor your strength as you flow. The gentle warm breezes passes through the untouched blades of grass; (Yes, there is more than just one pulse that flows from the earth) and reflect from the bright rays of the smiling sun. Rocks and canyon views surely go unseen by your haste toward the falls. Your color turns raging white with anticipation as you stumble through the solid boulders, sturdy in the rush and hustle, as you barrel by.

 

You form a white crest that blends as it bends against a blue sky, and similar to the clouds in color- but not in current. And as you fall, straight, sharp and swift, your strings are like angel's hair; so surreal. The foam at your base bellows a sound to that of constant thunder as you crash and splash down, but somehow -very peacefully. You complete your drop into the pool, that awaits your arrival. Settling softly. Quietly. The roar is distancing as the water returns to a more opaque; reflective state. Floating by. Sounds of settling creeks. Wilderness, and spring. The silent serene sounds of the forest, as the waterfall is now a distant memory.

 

 

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the imagery in this it is really great. I think that the way you describe the waterfall was really cool.

Posted 16 Years Ago


wow, there was very vibrant imagery there, I really enjoyed it. Captured the beauty of it and I like the last line: "The silent serene sounds of the forest, as the waterfall is now a distant memory." Very pretty, smooth description throughout- good write :) xx


Posted 16 Years Ago


Absolutely beautiful.... you took me to this place...I stayed, observed and enjoyed the moment so very much....
Thank you. Beautifully written.

Celia

Posted 16 Years Ago


I agree this is beautifully constructed, the imagery is wonderful, serene and very relaxing. The images come right to mind in reading this piece. I loved this vivid masterpiece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


very beautifully constructed. you compose the images very vividly

Posted 16 Years Ago


To be alone and take in the beauty of nature, the rustling of the water, is a priceless gift so many never experience. You are very observant of the relationship of nature's elements. The conflicts wage one another to produce pure serenity. A brilliant poem Jason!

Posted 16 Years Ago


this is amazing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


Near perfect imagery for this piece, Jason. A few of my favorite expressions or usages are:

The cool spring flows from the edge of the forged cliff

enjoying your effortless current as it massages my ears;

hearing the soundtrack of the rush of water that runs through my imagination.

Very well done, Jason!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Man, this poem of yours is great. Nearly flawless interpretation replete with metaphors that are truly amazing.

I really enjoyed your poem and plan to send it to my library.

Good work, Jason...outstanding.

Daniel

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jason, this is so very beautiful to read. I love waterfalls .. and this is so vivid i can hear a waterfall in my head.
Such a vivid and beautiful picture you paint with your words... loved it ..xoxo
Chloe

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on March 26, 2008
Last Updated on May 30, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..