Annabelle

Annabelle

A Poem by Jason

 

 
The morning sun
Deliberates its rise
But her breathing
In near sync
With the ocean
Cascades
While her hair
Falls through
My fingers
 
Each strand
Effortlessly
-Lands
Like the ebb
Of the tide
And then the sun
Completes its rise
 
And she is alive
Lying by my side
Attached with a smile
As she sleeps
 
Then the blinds block light
As my rest
Turns to open sight
And I look over
To my side (on my right)
Only to see
 
You were a mere dream
Of a dream
 
Do you even exist to me?

© 2008 Jason


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I believe that dreams can be so much more satisfying than reality. Expectations that exist in dreams sometimes cause so much lack of satisfaction, such expecations which never seem to satisfy in this life we live.

As I read this poem, I could almost sense her presence. Nice flow of words with such depth.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow!!:) Excellent imagery!!!:) A poignant picture of a person wanting what they once had. It began so peacful, serene and romantic, but the happy atmosphere comes abruptly to a hault in the end. Beautifully written!!:) I felt every emotion that you described:)

Posted 15 Years Ago


have you posted this one before? it seems so familiar to me....

well, regardless, i really enjoy it. i like the lyrical feel to it, and the sadness / loss at the end seems to fit perfectly, wrapping the poem up nicely.

great job with this one.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OOOHHH!!!! PRETTY! Lol I usually don't say that unless I'm being sarcastic and this time I wasn't.....Good job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh no!! I was smiling till I got to the end. So pretty and light-hearted. I could see her, there, next to you. And I smiled for happiness. Then, woke up. Dang Jason....dang the happy ending. Lovely write, and different, unexpected ending. I'm starting to expect this from you, yet every time you catch me off guard. Nicely done. Nice images of her, and beautifully expressed emotions. And I love the title, too. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


The ending caught me by surprise with its haunting loneliness. The poem had an ebb and flow of it's own and I loved that you used the ocean so well with it. There was only one thing I noticed in the last line, do you mean does or do you mean do? Haha that sentence sounded terrible but I hope you get what I mean. Great write.


Brette

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

222 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2008
Last Updated on July 14, 2008

Author

Jason
Jason

Pasadena, CA



About
There are some really beautiful people on this site that I am glad to have met! So many have crossed my heart... - I already know that something is wrong with me, so no need to remind me when I.. more..

Writing
Chivalrous Chivalrous

A Screenplay by Jason


motion motion

A Poem by Jason



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..