a hole in birdy

a hole in birdy

A Story by fitz Roberts

He sighed pushing back on his desk with his foot.setting the beer down as he did.leaving it behind as he shot across the wood floors.his rolling swivel chair set off into a spin.he leapt up chair still spinning behind him.
The phone lite up his face as he slid it unlocked."Thomas swank" he said moving to the kitchen."Tom we need to talk"mother obviously called to spin the web.I never call when i say.never come over for dinner."blah blah blah "
He stopped as a knock cane from the door.what was someone doing here.it was his place of solace.place away from his wife.blue flashed across the curtains.was this a joke?eddy getting back at him for losing on that par 4.?
"Tom.....TOM. are you still there."he started of thinking of anything he'd done wrong.knock from the door startled him as he neared.he opened it slowly knowing what he'd find ."cindy 's been"
The officer pushed through slamming tom with the door."calm down Mr.swank ". Already pinned and put in cuffs and he was supposed to calm down."what is this you charge in here when in unaccused"
"Unit 143 to dispatch suspect has been apprehened over" "suspect" thought tom.this was incredoulus.what was happening."back up has be dispatched to your post ion 143 over" "copy that replied his apprehender."copy that" shot back over the radio as tom was hauled to his feet.
"Tom tooooooom" came from his phone."its bad tom say they saw.you leave the house last.running with a golf bag."that was true but he was late .the guys were gonna tee of with out him."her head was smashed in with a club.....tom tell me it wasn't you."
Tom looked how much time had passed.it seemed time was slowly moving to the pounding of his fear.he didn't kill his wife .she as conniving b***h that was sure.he would never kill her though.can't say it didn't cross his mind but every husband has that thought once it twice.
He looked to his beer now pool of beads .on his desk no longer cold."tom......what's going on"tom didn't know what to say.it wsd mistake defintley not him.till another officer came in the room.golf club covered in plastic. "I got the weapon".
He watched his world unfold bit by bit.what was happening.his was this going so fast.the world thundered around him."this can't be " he muttered ."good job swank forensics is on there way" "no......"was all tom could say.

© 2014 fitz Roberts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

OK bro this is good but leaves me hanging. Guessing that is the point. A good read all the same

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
1 Review
Added on June 6, 2014
Last Updated on June 6, 2014

Author

fitz Roberts
fitz Roberts

warner robins, GA



About
I like to write hope you enjoy how I paint a picture with words 27 you old male hoping to be a decent writer Lol more..

Writing