INAMORATA

INAMORATA

A Poem by FlawedByDesign
"

Loving uncontrollably, having your heart broken and having to let go.

"

INAMORATA

I've lost my heart to you before I even met you.
Tied by an invisible thread, never too far,
I've always wondered where the better part of me lied.
Two bodies, one unconquerable soul,
People always said we never fit the mold.
Egotistic, pretentious critics, cynical at best.
But were they wrong or we too blissful and naive?
I loved you, you know I did.
I gave you my heart, my soul.
For you, I would have knocked down the Berlin wall.
And then what?
Sad brown eyes detract from your quivering lips,
Your actions told through movie stills.
I'm not a beggar but I'll dirty my knees,
Just don't say a word. Don't say it please.

“We're through.”

Michele de Nostredame come to my aid,
Please tell me your quatrain foretells my pain.
It didn't have to be this way!
I shall tell her I will see it through,
There is no one else I'd rather be with than you.
When we were miles apart, thoughts of you warmed my heart
And the time we spent together, I found happiness.
In your arms I would have stayed forever.
I need answers but you don't seem to care.
My heart's been shut and I'm locked away in it.
No longer a prisoner of rapture,
My tears have turned this cage into a rustic mare.
I stab the flesh in hopes to feel,
Shattered and broken, emotions just won't bleed.
Red curtain has been drawn and our story needs to end,
But I refuse to concede, I'd rather end up dead.
You still won't answer my questions!
Why do you hate me so much?
I curse whatever Gods may be that I even met you,
I will break the wings of the angels that brought you,
If I have to suffer so will everyone else!


Please forgive me. I denounce what I said.
Learn to love and love true at my expense.
You will always be the one I cherish.
The seasons will pass and before long we will perish.
I hope the angels remain kind and lend me their wings,
If only for a while.
Because I will long to see you again.
Being with you, always felt like heaven.

© 2010 FlawedByDesign


Author's Note

FlawedByDesign
If you don't know who Michele de Nostredame is, look it up :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This almost plays like an opera. The initial soft words of love, the sudden burst of pain, the coming to terms of the protagonist with his anguish, the burst of anger, and apology, and it ends on a heavenly note. I must say, this is rather well thought!
You have chosen your words really carefully, to express what you feel in a heart-rending way. I can find no fault with them. Great, great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There is a lot of mixed emotions going on in this one. Isn't that what love is like? It makes the poem that much more believable. I love, I hate him/her. Such a whirlwind of emotion. Great write!

Posted 13 Years Ago


This almost plays like an opera. The initial soft words of love, the sudden burst of pain, the coming to terms of the protagonist with his anguish, the burst of anger, and apology, and it ends on a heavenly note. I must say, this is rather well thought!
You have chosen your words really carefully, to express what you feel in a heart-rending way. I can find no fault with them. Great, great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We should all be so lucky to find that one true love.
Some never find it and search a lifetime. Others
only see and read about it. Nicely done Flawed.
This one was almost flawless...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with Linda Marie Van Tassell, lost love does hurt, but if it's True Love, it'll last forever, when the pain ends, you'll only remember the good times and feel the good things. The things that hurt, won't disappear, but they won't ache with so much pain.

I love the poem. Great write. (:

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You know what, I'd give anything to feel an ounce of that Chemistry with another person, even if it did end sadly. To let someone under your skin so completely and utterly in such a selfless way. It's such a big deal.

I adored the heart wrenching, almost pleading to Nostradamus and the imagery of hurt that you use in the second built stanza. And then after anger comes forgiveness and a remembrance of how good it was with this person.

Even sitting here on the old shelf, your words moved with their desired effect. Emotive and passionate.

Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved you, you know I did.

Don't they always know...sigh. Anyway, this poem is divine. It makes the heart ache with it's beauty, and the emotion just seeps out of the words...I love words. The longing is portrayed so well, I feel like I can feel what you were when you wrote this....wonderful. You are truly gifted.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

this is very inspirational. Keep on writeing like this and i think you will ne a very talentyed writer. i may not be the best but when i see talent i see talent. It felt so real like i wass there seeing the whole thing imagining the horror that the the pore man felt.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love lost hurts - yes, but true love never dies. Whatever agony touches, be thankful for the love that allows you to feel such strong emotions. Better, I am thankful that we are blessed to read the beauty of your words. It really is a selfless gift: loving someone more than you love yourself, loving yourself enough to let your feelings weep into words.

Nostradamus need not tell the truth that we all know: those that we love have the power to hurt us the most.

Hell's afloat in lovers' tears.

Linda Marie Van Tassell

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow Ivan! That was intense! My response may be over the top, but that's only because I relate all too well to your words. The synchronicity with you having me read your poem today and what has unfortunately happened to me, also today, is remarkable. Being able to use free verse is perfect for this kind of poem.. it makes it erratic and not cutesie.
I wonder what Dr. Nostradamus would prescribe for my ails..a little blood-letting?
Very good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

870 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 14, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010
Tags: poem, poetry, love, loss, breakup, pain, feelings, emotions, denial

Author

FlawedByDesign
FlawedByDesign

Stratford, Ontario, Canada



About
The name is Ivan - I'm 31. I am originally from Bosnia and Herzegovina. I left my country in 94 because of the civil war. After emigrating, my family lived in France for 2 years before coming to Canad.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Male Order Male Order

A Poem by Devons


Couplet~ Couplet~

A Poem by lightsong