Beyond The Rainbow

Beyond The Rainbow

A Story by Zoya

    As we all know, almost everything that exists in this world has a dark side to it. Same goes for the rainbow, which, nearly all of us, peruse as a mere splendid arc of colours adorning the sky after heavy showers. But all is not what it seems. Everyone likes to keep secrets; the rainbow is no exception. Behind the beauty of the rainbow hides something…something gloomy, something dark, something that would scare the hell out of you…yes, indeed, it’s the dark world!

    Just talking of the dark world would automatically create an eerie atmosphere around you. In the dark world the air is cold, reeking heavily of the gore. Rivers of slime run around the place, falling down high cliffs forming gooey cascades. The little vegetation that one finds in the dark world consists of tall blades of grass which have been dying of thirst of late; blood being the only liquid supplied to them. One may also find trees which grow bones instead of fruits. Unusually tall people, witches and wizards precisely, roam the lands. Each of them own a palatial domicile, no different than the Buckingham Palace itself (their homes contain bathrooms or not is still an unsolved mystery, though. That gives you an idea of how unpleasant they smell, I hope). There barely is any light in the dark world. Everything is ten times creepier than the darkest nights experienced in our world.

    Looks can be deceiving. People are usually deceived by the bright colours of the rainbow, the smooth structure it seems to have, the magical environment it creates. But folks, do not forget, witches have a neat hand at casting spells, too. Thanks to the inhabitants of the dark world; to keep their world a secret, they all get to work after rainfall. Humans: known to be the wisest creatures on the planet are, in my opinion, the most foolish creatures as well. Easily tricked by the charm the colourful strip produces, they all believe what their naked eye sees.

    The dark truth that lies behind is going unnoticed up till today. Just some, who have the capability to dig deep into the folds of everything, are able to decipher the truths that have been cleverly hidden. And no offence, I consider myself to be one of them, after all the theory I have presented in front of you could be well relied upon (well, you will soon believe me when the horrific creatures themselves descend to the land and hold us captives for considering ourselves the wisest of all). For now, all I can do is stare out of the window and adore the ‘beauty’ of the rainbow, but only when I have a blanket wrapped up around myself cause, you know, imagining the world over the rainbow can sure send chills down my spine.

© 2018 Zoya


Author's Note

Zoya
What world do you hope to find over the rainbow?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Zoe. I enjoyed your words and thoughts.
For now, all I can do is stare out of the window and adore the ‘beauty’ of the rainbow, but only when I have a blanket wrapped up around myself cause, you know, imagining the world over the rainbow can sure send chills down my spine."
I liked the above lines. I liked the rainbow. Mystery and tale can be written. Thank you for sharing the amzing story and your thoughts.
Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts here, Coyote. Really appreciate it :)
Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Was my pleasure Zoe and you are welcome.



Reviews

wow, this was very interesting. i really loved it. i also love the message that it conveys - looks can be deceiving. Great read!!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Glad to know that you liked it. Thanks so much!
A captivating, creative and well written masterpiece Zoe!! It has a realistic side to it due to some of the facts presented in the story which makes it more easy to read!
Well done, keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

The rainbow may be captivating, but it isn't as captivating as your story ;)
Zoya

6 Years Ago

Aw, thanks, Shaan xD
Mr.Writer

6 Years Ago

Anytime Zoe :D
This is amazing...I admire rainbow but never have I ever wondered what lies beyond it. I loved your fictitious theory. You are a dreamer, truly a very interesting write. Thank you so much for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Zoya

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reviewing. I appreciate it :)
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're most welcome. ☺

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

946 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2017
Last Updated on May 8, 2018

Author

Zoya
Zoya

India



About
Twenty-one and learning🌻 more..

Writing
Forevers Forevers

A Story by Zoya



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Webbed Webbed

A Poem by Saumya