Feel Me

Feel Me

A Poem by Flow~
"

Letting my mind run free

"

 

he who is first will one day be last
the meek shall inherit the earth
fairy tales that my parents
and preacher told me as a child
trying to convince me to behave and obey
in a world where we are taught to have character
we are taught to be truthful and loving
yet all I see around me is greed to the highest degree
where the dollar is more valuable than life itself
where tobacco companies can sell a product
that is more addictive than weed which is illegal
a place where you’re rewarded with tax dollars
for running your company into the ground
while struggling people are told to grow up
and stop looking for handouts
if I live in the richest country in the world
then why must I walk
past old dilapidated burned out houses
where people who look like me get high
off a drug that isn’t even grown in this country?
pharmaceutical companies contribute
huge amounts of money
into politicians' campaigns so they can sell their
overpriced drugs to us who can’t afford it
all the while the FDA denies the true
benefit of alternative medicines
 
WHY?
 
because big business can’t make a true profit off it
don’t even get me started on insurance companies!
how can I go to church, pay tithes,
get on my knees and pray to a God
that allows this world to be
run by sinners pretending to be holy
waging war against innocent people
even children in the name of God
were an automobile company can get
billions but our citizens complain
about giving money for social programs
that could put food on someone’s table
how can I salute my flag
when every day working people can’t even
get basic medical coverage?
how can I say I am proud to be
an American or a human
in a world where money rules
over character, love and truth?
if it was true that he who is first
will one day be last
than wouldn’t our world
look much different than it does today?

© 2009 Flow~


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Flowing Words,
I appreciate your words. I grew up in a religion much like Quaker. I had fundamental Christianity heaped upon me and then tutored in the mindset of Conservative politics. There is a certain reality to what you say, I will not disagree. But along my journey to higher consciousness, spirit has blessed me with this knowledge: it's all an illusion. None of this matters. We can rant and rave, shake our fists at the injustice and hypocrisy, wage a counter war with it; but the more we do, the more and more we entwine ourselves in the quagmire of the illusion and we lose sight of the reality. Focusing on the Miracles of each day, the blessings, the pleasures, the simplicity of nature and the illusion of this man made darkness is cast aside and we begin to glimpse at the awesomeness of life. Does this make sense? I haven't put this into words too often, I am laughed at and called a Pollyanna and handed a newspaper.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. I agree completely. This whole system is so screwed up. Awesome poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

While in an almost idealistic way, we may all be born equal but by some quirk of fate perhaps the value of our lives varies greatly once we enter the world. America is no different than the rest of the world when it comes to irony. The richest country in the world is filled with shadows that hide its forgotten.
Your poem draws a line beginning to end � a questioning parable. A rant � sometimes a ramble � to be read aloud � perhaps shouted to feel its true impact and importance. A grocery list of inequities � an attempt to find logic where there is none.

Is it great poetry � I don't think so but that is not the value of this work. Like a fiery Sunday morning sermon, it shouts from the pulpit and we should be shouting back our cathartic "Amen, Amen, Amen". By its title, it is clear that it attempts to cast a light on those shadows so even if only for a moment we are struck by its mere existence.

Amen! Amen! Amen!


Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow babe, you really know your heart....i love your work, very well expressed with tons of emotion.....x0x000x

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The truth:

If I start writing (raving) about how bad life is, if I
I see every one being cruel, but I am just, if I see
life as unfair and on and on and on------then I will
write raves like yours.

If I start a rave and enumerate all the injustices of the
world. If I start a column of type in which I point out
how I am mistreated, something will accidentally be true.

Every rave I have ever read has contained some truth, therefore
you undoubtedly are saying something true in your writing.
I`m sure that life contains enough sad things without the need
for us to write an article about them. Sad things are a part of life.
Obviously life is not all milk and honey with a chicken in every pot.

I suggest you accept your life and in your spare time attempt to
better some other persons condition-----then you will feel better
about this terrible world.

------ Eagle Cruagh

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
Profound national outcry! Bravo!!!!!!!!!!! Should be put on ever wall in ever government room in existence in the US....Excellent write and historic record of where this country is today. Outstanding work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh lawd girl you are preaching to the choir! I could feel the intensity in each and every word.. I'm the daughter of an american loving, conservative, southern baptist minister so I understand your pain. This country was built of lies AND lives of the innocent. There's no democracy it's all an illusion. And this so-called "ression?" is a load of crap. The bank are just moving their money around. Mr. Obama has no power over this because we are not a country. This is a corporation and he is just the poster boy for it. This world is ran by the big 3: Washington D.C., The Vatican, and London. Open your eyes people! Thanks for posting I could talk about this for days :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Flowing Words,
I appreciate your words. I grew up in a religion much like Quaker. I had fundamental Christianity heaped upon me and then tutored in the mindset of Conservative politics. There is a certain reality to what you say, I will not disagree. But along my journey to higher consciousness, spirit has blessed me with this knowledge: it's all an illusion. None of this matters. We can rant and rave, shake our fists at the injustice and hypocrisy, wage a counter war with it; but the more we do, the more and more we entwine ourselves in the quagmire of the illusion and we lose sight of the reality. Focusing on the Miracles of each day, the blessings, the pleasures, the simplicity of nature and the illusion of this man made darkness is cast aside and we begin to glimpse at the awesomeness of life. Does this make sense? I haven't put this into words too often, I am laughed at and called a Pollyanna and handed a newspaper.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Full of the hurtful truths that exist today.. needs to be written ... many writings will be viewed 20 years from now by our children.. they need some truth to learn from.. this writing may be one .. you just never know.. we have to live in a dream-like state to achieve freedom.. peace.. as in reality it really is not the case.. thank you for sharing!!! =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Sinners trying to be Holy - love that and don't they. I like this true to the facts. This is so well said. couldn't agree more. I am all for helping other countries but when there are million starving people here in the US, i mean shouldn't we help them first?

I hope you don't get the wrong idea. I know other countries may have it worse than us but still just look around the world here. Their are homless, jobless, & straving children who need help. I really like what you have
penned here and could ramble on a little farther but I won't. Just stating my opinion I hope that's okay.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Damn I couldn't have said it better myself... this land of the free is far from it... financially and otherwise... there is not a thing we don't pay for, hell even water... something we get from nature... We spend billions on useless wars and helping other countries when there is so much needed right here at home... i could go on but will stop there... awesome vent.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 15, 2009
Last Updated on April 15, 2009

Author

Flow~
Flow~

Cordova, TN



About
Adult Image Hosting I am a free style writer exploring my thoughts and feelings in poetic versus of imagination and real life experiences. My focus is on Erotica with a touch of Kink although I ex.. more..

Writing
Simply Ravenn Simply Ravenn

A Book by Flow~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My Boyish Ways My Boyish Ways

A Poem by Flow~


Demented Demented

A Poem by Jason