Who is God, you ask?

Who is God, you ask?

A Story by forgotten

If a thousand years for us is like a day for Him, then perhaps God is a spoiled kid, an only child who was given the earth as a birthday present to keep him occupied and out of trouble for a day.  So we’re robots then, figurines of all colors, shapes and sizes on a game board? He plays with us; plays nice and wicked games, loves us then tortures us, and chooses among us with the biases of a troubled being. He gets tired of us, and smashes us, blows us up, rips our heart out and decapitates us. Yet, he cares for us, makes us kings and queens and protects us from his wrath. Having a short attention span, he forgets about us, then our battery runs out and we die. Does he recycle us?  Who knows, perhaps one of these days he’ll get a new novelty toy and throw us all in the trash!

© 2010 forgotten


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

The idea of the deity that millions of people worship and take hope from is in fact uncaring playing with us for fun, is very intriguing.

Well done, certainly made me stop and think.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

119 Views
1 Review
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010

Author

forgotten
forgotten

MD



About
My name is Sasha and I am a Gerontology grad student in Maryland. My passion in life is listening to and recording the life stories of everyday people for future generations. When I am not in school .. more..