A Global Warning about Global Warming

A Global Warning about Global Warming

A Poem by Forist.johnston
"

I might only be 14, but I have an opinionated perspective. Welcome to our future [the poem]. P.S. Sorry for the font size... =]

"

 

 

 

                                     -Forist Johnston

 

Ghoulish screams fill the night- it's always night here

Like vermin, man kind has been forced underground by the miles of water above and deathly temperatures of the unshielded sun

 

Only a concrete barrier protects us from the thousands of tons in weight of the melted ice bergs that sit calm above us

Bawling of babies who will never see the sun, or feel the breeze on their skin, or swim in the salty Atlantic

Angry wraps of man made air lashes from vents, but does nothing to cool the heat that radiates from the people and ground

laws forbidding animals, men and women are separated and life is much like the novel 'Anthem', by Ann Rand

  

Weary of the concrete ahead and weary of the mantle below, the worlds people are still, the joys of music and art are long vanished

As for the government, they hide our day's of running in sun and grass, supporting the population and food supply by a thread

Ruthless starvation kills, even with the execution of all other living things in effect  

Night takes over day, and light is scarce . Money's value was lost with the tree's it borne from

Institutions like schools and hospitals are extinct as well, the smell of garbage and feces and the unburied dead stench the still air

No more are our days of imagination and thought, people are useless, they have no need for complex thinking in this life

God's creations have been deceived and uncared for, and our destruction addiction has murdered the continuation of humanity.

© 2008 Forist.johnston


Author's Note

Forist.johnston
I might only be 14, but I have an opinionated perspective. Welcome to our future [the poem].

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

awesome !

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really liked this.
Youth are the key to the future.
Great write!
-Elissa

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a great poem, people need to take care of Mother Earth before it's too late. Nice write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


yay!!! at least someone else cares! It's like people don't give a crap right now, but later in the future they are going to be thinking " we should have listened" and they will be suffering... sadly, this may come sooner than people think, and they aren't going to be ready for it.

love it!

~may

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hm. I don't have cable. I have a subscription to the Times, and I spend most of my free time reading in the library next to my house.
I wouldn't put much weight on what absurdist has to say, he strikes me as a guy who watches a lot of tv. Also, he doesn't really have any sort of counterpoints, just weightless dismissal. I believe that was also Goebbel's strategy in debate.

Haha, sorry about coming back here and fueling a hijack kind of thread. Just wanted to read it again.

Posted 15 Years Ago


You are BRILLIANT!

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's nice that you have your own opinions, but perhaps you should read up more on the facts before writing something like this. It's an alarmist piece. "Recycle your plastic bags or the world is going to end, stop driving SUVs or the world is going to end, etc." I don't believe a word of it.

The planet Earth has been through asteroids (you know, the s**t that took out the dinosaurs), meteors, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, and other crazy crap, and you know what? It's still here. If the temperature rises by one half of a degree, so be it.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock into what the Two of Clubs has to say. He strikes me as the kind of guy that gets all of his news from "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Report."

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a depth and darkness that permeates the world to come! Powerful expression of despair that pounds like the opening passage of a brilliant novel. Well done!!!!!!

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Font is a little small. I had to copy and paste it to see what it said. Might just be my computer screen though.

I believe that Limbaugh and all the other Goebbels out there are a scourge on society, spreading misinformation.

There have been many independent studies on this, every single reputable one concludes that it is occurring, the main argument now is over we are causing it or not. Most evidence points to our interaction to be the most probable cause. The 'global cooling' scare syllogism is entirely flawed; it was a different time, there were different methods, none of which were as solid as we have now.

Here's what I think, though:

I believe the subject of global warming and greenhouse gasses is irreparably tainted and warped by right wing propaganda machines.

You can point to ice core samples and flow charts and the buildup of greenhouse gasses and their positive correlation with the automobile, and there will always be some Limbaugh, some idiot, who throws it all back in your face and says, "NOPE. I DON'T BELIEVE IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T EXIST."

And then, you sit there, stunned. And so you go deeper in depth, you explain the evidence in ways that even children can understand, but you're really just stating the same things, and they end up denying it again.

I think the best way to get people to actually see things is to point out the other problems caused by automobile and industrial exhaust.

Smog, for example.

You'd be hard pressed to find anybody brainwashed far enough to believe Smog doesn't exist.

And the waves of kids being born with asthma and similar lung defects caused by it.

There's a helluva lot more than greenhouse gasses coming out of our fuel sources, and they all merit an urgent solution.

We need to switch to clean fuels, regardless of global warming. We need to.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Global warming is the biggest load of bullshit I've seen in my life. In the 1970s there was a global cooling scare. It's natural climate variation. And actually, according to an independent study (not affiliated with Al Gore, whose house, by the way, uses way more energy than advised), the temperature of the Earth has gone DOWN over the past year.

Interesting poem nonetheless. You have the right to believe whatever you want to believe, but so do I, and I believe global warming is a gross exaggeration.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

763 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2008
Last Updated on July 15, 2008

Author

Forist.johnston
Forist.johnston

Panama City, FL



About
Hmm... Well, I suppose this is the part where I am suppose to tell you something about myself... Truth is... I am an up and coming folk singer returning from the dark regions of the lost country calle.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..