Soul of An Angel

Soul of An Angel

A Poem by Frieda P
"

A simple tribute to my sister.

"

In my heart lives a blue butterfly   

in my soul lives her spirit 

we were attached through blood 

but bonded through love 

 

Her lovely flutterby still apparent 

in the memories burnt deep    

emblazoned in my mind 

the perfect soul of an angel 

 

She lives in the forever after 

she lives in the present  and past 

her spirit one of love and kindness 

the essence which will always last       

                                                                                     



                                                                                                                                             

© 2012 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Touching.....reaching out....rememberance of sweet times never lost......and the clown bowed his head as a single tear fell, splashed onto a barren earth not knowing that soon a bright green shoot would spring up, a new life begins :O)

Heartfelt Poetry..........

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Did you just write that? It's lovely....thanks so much.



Reviews

This is brilliantly beautiful. Your words scream to me (having lost a sibling that I was tight with). How you did it, I don't know, but the addition of the butterflies sewed up the loose strings in an epic conclusion. It's magical, Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I don't know how you got the little butterflies to flutter around like that, very cool!...but this is really lovely. The anguish and pain this quietly expresses is very poignant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear Sweet Frieda!
Your words pull at my heartstrings in a way that is impossible for me to express!! You and you dear, precious sister were by your words, so very, very close, and filled with love one for the other! It is true-her essence will always last, for it shall continue on in you as your remember her, write of her, call for her, cry for her!! It is especially difficult during such holidays as our approaching Christmas. Then you have her birthday, her death date, your special memory dates together,....and this list goes on and on!

May you find solace and love from those who feel your pain, as I do!! As you know, I did not lose a sister, but I lost a son at age 16, and though it is so many years ago now, I have never stopped missing him!!

Please cry on my shoulder, let me wipe away your tears, and most of all, please accept and feel the deep compassion and understanding and love I have for you!!!!

Be blessed dear one!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So sad and beautiful Frieda. I like to think of my lost loved ones as being all the best, kindest, most loving parts of me.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Beautiful thought, thanks for your visit
Beautiful. Such love and devotion placed within such simple words. This truly a lovely poem. Good work. ^_^

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

thanks, much appreciated
Touching.....reaching out....rememberance of sweet times never lost......and the clown bowed his head as a single tear fell, splashed onto a barren earth not knowing that soon a bright green shoot would spring up, a new life begins :O)

Heartfelt Poetry..........

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Did you just write that? It's lovely....thanks so much.
This made me cry for so many reasons. Beautiful Frieda and the butterfly and flutterby are my fav's.. If your looking for a spare sis I'm available..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Now, that made me cry, will you be my little sis? Lee used to call me 'Big sis'....thanks xo
Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

Always..xo

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 15, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Absurd Absurd

A Poem by Frieda P


Star Angel Star Angel

A Poem by Frieda P


DADDY'S GIRL DADDY'S GIRL

A Poem by mandy