Fast Track

Fast Track

A Poem by Frieda P

On the fast track of love to nowhere
my torn heart still weaves cobwebs
my eyes see only the soot and ashes
the past a blur of lies and deception

I was once light over moonbeams
now these shadows is where I dwell
your twisted game of hide and seek
the friend I thought was in my corner
turns out it was all a sickening farce

Knock on the door of crystal sanity
turns lucidity into regrets and lunacy
once wished upon a star 'for eternity'
forever after just a heart's foolish hope

Transparencies of a life's film track
rewind torments each waking moment
replaying over the sins and transgressions
instant replay of a true love demolished

The scars remain like a branded stain
trust run over like a runaway train
is there a fate worse than betrayal?
closure would be of your casket

                                               
 

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Strong write Frieda.
Last stanza is most telling and maybe even incriminating.
All one can do is rise above, step over, go around, let it pass, etc...
Give up a little and gain so much more. Why cry that you lost your poisoned fruit. Look for a meal that will nourish you now and let the "dead" bury the "dead".
Loved the write and I need to self talk as well. Ha

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

I didn't kill him, I promise. Not yet, anyway. ;-)



Reviews

Review for Change the World Comp.

So much genuine emotion in this work, also a sense of bitterness. I have had a fair few examples of love and true love in my life so I can understand these words and their slight bitterness completely.

I did grow to learn that love is not a deed of ownership and that people change, we should not restrict them for our own desire to be loved. Betrayal is a route taken by a soul that we do not agree with or consent. It is their soul though and we can not blame them for their faults and weakness. We gave them our our love and trust they did not ask for it and they are not commodities that we can easily pass around, store or trade. This does not mean though that we are unjustified in our suffering the associated emotions and it is their responsibility to hear and acknowledge them. If a soul we love seeks an experience to help it understand, relate or grow then we do not have the right to restrict them, do we honesty love a soul if we seek to restrict it. If the love and connection were so true than the soul may not have to seek experiences to clarify. It is a very interesting subject, I have been 'cheated on' and let down many times and despite the spiritual notion is bloody hurts and I want them to hurt too. So I guess spirituality has a lot to answer for in its self, ha ha.

Fantastic write, well done

Posted 11 Years Ago


you are an expert in love affairs..

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very nice job. :) I really enjoyed reading! ^_^

Posted 11 Years Ago


ok..
i see the real you know!!
you know, trust is such a strong word but a misleading word
its hard to gain someone's trust but when you do, you feel epic my friend.
the time when it goes all muddy is when it was fake trust you knw.. that time when you realise tht actually that friend of your's you shared secrets with was not a friend, never kept any of them but they all leaked into the atmosphere?
the betrayal is so hard to get over...
real good and emotion packed!
loved it and as lways... continue writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Heavy. Great job Frieda

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

thanks Baby, it was pretty heavy tbh
"The scars remain like a branded stain
trust run over like a runaway train
is there a fate worse than betrayal?
closure would be of your casket"
The idea behind the poem was planted very well all through this piece, like a locomotive it steamed my insides up and made me restless. The way your poems emit emotions is incredible, strong powerful write and we've all been at this place, somehow we just reach destination nowhere.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A very nice piece and well written. Disappointment and yet longing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Thanks John
And I remember you saying that you weren't good with stanzas. Well, I think that the ideas flow here and you have a good rhythm in this piece. Then you some pretty awesome words like "farce" that help you drive your point how. This is a very universal tale of betrayal and what happens when love is derailed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really like the way that you write. Your imagery is really strong and the emotion in your poem is palpable. This was a pleasure to read.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Well, I really like your review, so kind, thanks!
Wow, this is a dark one, Frieda. Powerful, strong position but in a heavy dark place. I understand the pain expressed, however, personally I would refuse to live within the pain and find a way up and over. There is a time to mourn, but don't let it linger...
Wonderfully expressive.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Was a dark time, back to back with a different situation, I'm surprised myself I can write about it... read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

591 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 5, 2013
Last Updated on January 11, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Ultraviolence Ultraviolence

A Poem by Faffy


Reviewers Reviewers

A Story by Pax