Poetic Retraction

Poetic Retraction

A Poem by Frieda P

Shall I take back all my poetic injustice
does it not fit in your realm of meter and tack
my rhythm seeks that of a different drummer
another lover of a different color perhaps
is it not presumptuous to say it has not merit
my madness grants me permission to steer
words convoluted and distortion, beware
when all is said and done, no one has won
words are words that affect one another
be they warm, or square, they sit and despair
what will people think of me, naked and abject
stir them in a pot of reality with wretched added
or add sweet kisses and adulation for all to see
cheap, vulgar, saccharin, or beguiling illusions
they're all the delusions of the poets alchemy

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

poetry means many different things to everyone. I have found for myself, that the only way to write is to write to express myself, and to hell with what anyone else thinks of it. There are enough restrictions, rules and constraints in real life...this is my imaginary world, and the only rules are of my own choosing, and the only one who needs pleasing is me. Poetry??? Make of it what you need and want it to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Hear Hear



Reviews

nycly written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes! Excellent. Let poetry be a free expression of our hearts and souls, without restrictions or judgements. It is what it is so lets, let it be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love this write, when I started here in March 2012 I thought poetry equals rhyme, I did not have a clue of metre , stressed and unstressed in fact the whole stress thing is enough to make me see a psychiatrist. I can't seem to break the habit of rhyme and a few have told me they dislike it. To each his own I say. I am a work in progress in life and so too in poetry. Now that I know there are rules to poetry I am trying . I have to know rules in order to break them . I am funny like that. I don't really care either way as long as the words speak to me. Lovely as usual Frieda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Love, Love, Love it :))))))

Posted 11 Years Ago


It's wonderful when people love what you write, but you can't please all the people all the time!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

That's what they tell me ;-) thanks Claire!
poetry means many different things to everyone. I have found for myself, that the only way to write is to write to express myself, and to hell with what anyone else thinks of it. There are enough restrictions, rules and constraints in real life...this is my imaginary world, and the only rules are of my own choosing, and the only one who needs pleasing is me. Poetry??? Make of it what you need and want it to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Hear Hear
Oh just flip your critics the bird

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

11 Years Ago

Now why didn't I think of that?
I'm sorry take this with a dose of Lily... but the poetry police and the grammar police and the rules police all well suck.. Poetry comes from the heart and soul..the places where joy is born and our dark shadows linger in acid waiting to impale with their ink.. That's the true meter..that's the true essence of poetry.. S**t when I started this I didn't even know what a stanza was or a meter and I honestly don't care and sometimes my to's are too's and vise versa.. lol I'm wicked I know and daring but I do it.. because I'm writing imperfectly for others and yet perfectly for ME... xo I love your raw honesty and they way you say what you feel. I have no idea on who did what and don't need to know but I read your work because of the "you" that your words bare. You share yourself with me..
That's alot of Lily.. sorry.. be at peace and do what you do..xo

Posted 11 Years Ago


Words are words, sometimes when they're combined, they excite feelings in people. whether good or bad. But never let an a******s feelings keep you from writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1144 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 23, 2013
Last Updated on January 23, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RAPE RAPE

A Poem by Frieda P