Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
~The Raven & the Butterfly

~The Raven & the Butterfly

A Story by Frieda P

 "Why so gloomy?" inquired the raven.
~"I'm tired of being a just another pretty face,  no one comprehends what I've gone through."

"Does it really matter if they understand your history?" 

~"I don't always feel like being colorful, light & airy, that's what they expect of me." 

"Things could be worse my sweet, you could have been stuck with a bad rap like mine.   I've been labeled  dark all my life, they don't even recognize my beauty."

~"I see your spirit bright & clear", exclaimed the tiny flutterby.

"Some can't see the forest for the trees, my dainty darling.  Your strength is apparent to me, you're a warrior butterfly, here you are among the darkness and your soul still shines through",  spoke the raven quite convincingly. 

~"I feel lighter already, I guess all I needed was a little kindness and understanding."

Done with the sweet talk, the raven replied wryly with a wicked look upon his face. "I hope you understand that it is in my nature to have you for dinner."

~In her best sardonic voice the butterfly whispered mockingly, "that's why I always bring along my friend the snake"....

Moral:  A raven can't change its color but a butterfly warrior is stronger on the battlefield with her friends at her side, and will always win the fight.

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
Not sure what you'd call this, something different from my pen, I guess it's more of a Frieda Fable, enjoy, let me know how you feel about it....thanks for reading.

Copyright © 2013 Frieda P. All rights reserved.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the part about brining the snake! How true we are often mislabled or misjudged. It's not the things that people see that define us, but the characterisitcs within our being. And of course the friends we surround ourselves with. Great "Frieda Fable" ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Unfortunately very often, thanks Kristin. ;-)



Reviews

a lovely fable, Frieda. I guess we all need a friend.
with a little help from my friends.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I hope you were expecting a funny, funny man. :) Thanks....
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

'weren't'....
Woody

9 Years Ago

no, I wasn't.
I much enjoy both creatures, Freida. I often refer to the "Dog with wings" as a fox raven hybrid and I call my best friend a butterfly because I needed a better example of delicate. THis was fabulous, Although I've never threatened to eat her..... and she certainly has no snakey friends

Posted 10 Years Ago


WTF man, who said you can close your profile???? Don't make me go looking for you Frieda!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your "Frieda Fable" was fantastic! You simply must write more of these. They're a pleasure to read and I certainly enjoyed the fable's "moral." It's so very true:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


oh man! Ok. I love butterflies. But I like ravens too. I was kinda rootin' for the feathered guy. (chuckling) A great "Frieda Fable" though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


a surprise ending and i really enjoyed the dialogue Frieda.....a lot to be said for having good friends

Posted 10 Years Ago


You did a great job with the dialogue. It was so easy to believe the butterfly and the raven for their admirable character. Just goes to show be wary of who you trust. This is a very creative write! I am impressed.

Posted 10 Years Ago



A wonderful story flowed from your satirical pen. I admire the depth and perception from which you write. You show with eloquence "in strength there can be weakness...in what appears to be weakness there is often hidden strength."

Posted 10 Years Ago


truly loved this take on over all life
so many ways I can look at this-
don't count a pretty face as a weak enemy
always pay mind for your enemy may have good advice
two enemies can help each other but will fight in the end
always pack a friend snake-attacks can happen at anytime from anyone
so many ways to digest these thoughts you have penned
book covers are just that you never know until you read what the pages will contain
thank you fine fable lady-this is an amazing piece of writing

Posted 10 Years Ago


What quarrel exists between the Raven and the Butterfly? Makes me wonder.
I, however, did enjoy the dark nature of the Butterfly.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

No quarrel in particular, just not on the same page and the butterfly finally wised up...thanks Tai... read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1122 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on May 13, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..