Repellent

Repellent

A Poem by Frieda P



Instant repel....

    Crows nipping butterfly wings
treacherous, leacherous bandit
defiled ravine of poppies
            wake up and smell the roses
darkest hours come pre-dawning 





© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is one of those that could mean so much to so many. Evil consuming beauty. Nature red in tooth and claw. Opposites attract but maybe not for the right reasons. Your ways of fitting such complexity into minimalist but beautiful poetry astounds me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I'm astounded by your words Ken, you humble me, and also made my day, thanks so much....



Reviews

How fascinating it is that crows would feast on something so horrendously distasteful (evolutionary advantage; birds find butterflies outright revolting)! Whatever drive the poor crows had to crave a taste of a butterfly is beyond my knowledge, but the birds must be starving to stoop that low.
Or perhaps leaping from literal aspects, it represents the willingness of those superior in power to leech the energy of the weaker; draining their lives until they are unable to flutter. 'Tis when the roses go stale that the superior assume control over the weaker..

Posted 10 Years Ago


Darkest hours come pre-dawning..wheres the repellent? Perhaps its hope and just determination to move forward. I enjoy your writing, you allow the reader to absorb your expression, it makes me smile cause you do it so well, leaves me wanting more.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Shaun Payton

10 Years Ago

:):):) yay I made someones day!
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Just for that you get a years worth of free repellent. ;-)
Shaun Payton

10 Years Ago

Wooooohooooooooooo :):):)
Nicely done - vivid, strong and open to so may interpretations. A good write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much Steve...where did you disappear to?
I think I get this. More than most of yours, I find this full of hope and positivity....and that's the key to you, Madam! Despite the dirge of despair in most of your lines...of a nightmare dream...you jut your chin and say "Bollocks!!!" Good on you girl! P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Oh Pete, how do I love thee, let me count the ways....and I love the word Bollocks!! ;-)
Really wondered what was the motivation behind this creation of yours. It shows the coming destruction of some beautiful construction and I'm still trying to perceive your meaning behind the poem. But i'll say this you have some sellotape abilities as your words always have a way to tape back together my broken wings and that of so many others, letting us soar and fly again. There's magic inside you lady and i'm just so glad to be a small piece of your story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

And I, yours Kee, now I must dance to your review, thanks so much!
I guess we can be glad we are still repelled... The crows have not clipped your wings yet.
I like the flavor of this write. It is just a little bitter... Just enough.
Now pass the Patrone!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Haha, not too bitter, I like that...wings are intact, cheers!
Nipping lecherous roses, The darkest crows, come defile butterfly wings,Poppies wake up,in the pre-dawning bandit hours.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Do I have to pay for the re-write lee? ;-)
lee von cleef

10 Years Ago

Nah ,But I just love your words, they are tough cattle to gathered in one pen, when you look away th.. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

they should watch their step before we make bacon cheeseburgers out of them, I meant thanks love....
I don't know why but it almost reads as a spell - cast and working!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Haha watch your step! ;-)
Short and to the point, I really like this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Glad that you enjoyed it r&b.
Warning and danger jump off the page. Poppies and roses both have their deadly uses. There seems no dawn will arrive in this one.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Grazie blue, nice to see you, thanks.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

999 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 23, 2013
Last Updated on June 24, 2013

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..