'Still'...

'Still'...

A Poem by Frieda P

If the sun were to set in your eyes
as the moon settled over my soul 
falling to the depths of an ocean's mile
I'd 'still' remember how you made me feel
& everyday that ends in why I'll miss you

© 2013 Frieda P


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Five lines...that's all it took for you to touch my heart with this poem. We all miss people and it affects all of us in different ways...but when the missing is constant and how they made you feel is only found in memories, then the sadness is a pain we only wish we could miss. Frieda, you are an amazing poet and I am so thrilled I have the opportunity to read you and call you friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

You've truly touched my heart, this one apparently wrote itself, I had a high temp and when I awoke,.. read more



Reviews

This piece of poetry is so moving. It's gentle longing and love entwine the poem in a feeling of total and complete love. It's just lovely.

Posted 10 Years Ago


If we are lucky, we have someone enter I lives and when they leave, we feel this way. It's amazing how sometimes short poems can convey so much more than long poems. Enjoyed it immensely!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Short on words but endless on sadness and heartfelt messages...I like the notion of you are still every time you think of her and knowing her presence still. Splendid...:>)

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is a gorgeous piece of poetry, Frieda. The one we miss is always with us, but seems out of reach, the sun and the moon... and shadow.

As the butterflies flitted across the page, I realized that it is not two butterflies, but one butterfly dancing with its shadow...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh that felt good I almost forgot what butterflies felt like

Posted 10 Years Ago


You have created some very powerful images to express your deep sadness over the loss of your loved one, Frieda. The accompanying pair of butterflies, moving in unison, echoes beautifully the closeness you felt to the one who is no longer there for you. Really fine poetry!

Posted 10 Years Ago


So much said here...the depths...illumination, remembered, needed and damn, nostalgia always sings loudly! Hope you are feeling better hon? xx

Posted 10 Years Ago


The poignancy of this write found its way into my soul...those two butterflies flitting on the page were a gorgeous accompaniment to your raw emotions. Wonderful work. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


Your response to Jack was pretty amazing and explains why the first words from me after I read this were, "no regrets"

Thanks for this heartfelt piece of heart&soul.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Marvelous.. really quite excellent, Frieda. Potent, polished and poignant. Thank you!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1835 Views
53 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 20, 2013
Last Updated on October 22, 2013
Tags: sun, moon, ocean, depth, remembrance, feelings

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..