Whisper'd tidalwave

Whisper'd tidalwave

A Poem by Frieda P
"

_

"
You were that whisper of a tidal wave
     the song that carries spirit's resolve
transforming the gods of love
      on seascapes of a lighthouse's roar
breathing in aftershock's tranquility
    waves of darkly culminated cloudbursts
     imploded within the fall of a star dusted destiny
I heard a distant call, sounded like a siren's toll
     realized the echoes of that shell shocked hush 
         were coming from within the rush of my own voice


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Just as a fog horn helps lost ships find the shore, this poem tells me that your heart is calling out to deliver you from a dark place. At least that is how I read it. No matter though if I am close or not, it is a beautiful poem and once again your style is wonderfully different. It captivates me. I really enjoyed this one today Frieda P.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Will, I like where you took this, muchly appreciated.



Reviews

Love the first line. Good one frieda

Posted 9 Years Ago


I always find your poems to be so deep and thought provoking, well done yet again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


A love poem, Frieda-style. Love knows no boundaries, and is best when coupled with inner strength...

Posted 9 Years Ago


The whisper of a tidal wave, the ability of someone to dazzle us with only the merest of attempts and their effects on us feeling godly, yet something else is able to foreshadow something different on the horizon. Land a distance away is breaking the territory of the waves, and the land is you. I particularly like the ambiguity of this piece in regards to whether the land is truly good or not, whether the land represents some form of excitement meant to, well, excite your speaker and her lover or if it represents a vague yet apparent shadow of a doubt looming in the distance. Regardless, it truly is a poignant piece. Well done indeed.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Shizam on that last line! We are the one's who carry the power to be a force in our lives


Posted 9 Years Ago


When you think with the other's brain and love with the other's heart, it is forever. Distance and time can not change it nor can death. it is an eternal connection. I am convinced in my darkest times, my parents help me through. Suddenly a butterfly will flit by or a song they loved will play on the radio. They are the whispers in our day, Frieda...believe it. Heartfelt poetry. Lydi**

Posted 9 Years Ago


I thought that was you i heard shouting and then diving into that tidal wave, i was in the lighthouse shining a light, searching ... sometimes when we create, poetry or paint, or if we find someone special, it feels like we've dove into a tidal wave, our voice shouts and then when the water recedes some we float and hear both voices whispering .... yours and whoever is special ....
It's a wonderful poem, wet with anticipation and perhaps there is possibility ... ok, I'm diving back in to look
for those transforming gods of love .. ;0)xxoo
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


And sometimes that whisper is a scream in my mind. On surface, this is not a dark piece. But it is.

Posted 9 Years Ago


i love this upbeat voice you raise! rescued by a beacon in the night ... all those storms and tidal waves without ..... crash and receded with such blessed realization ... all those aftershocks are breaking inside our own skulls .. this is beautiful Frieda .. thoroughly enjoyed reading and the trip you take me on ..beautiful poem!
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Beautiful and trying inward Outward in between
The other otherwise, paper moons, wasted paper
Carry a message to all who view the pages I get your
Message Deep within nothing borrowed something free!

Johnsonbobby


Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

581 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 29, 2014
Last Updated on August 29, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Imagine Imagine

A Poem by Chris Micha


Ashen Ashen

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Space Space

A Chapter by Matching Socks