Lost religion...

Lost religion...

A Poem by Frieda P
"

an old scar revisited, please stop spewing religion to me, I have my own beliefs...Amen

"
You kiss the gray, 
   without doubting fluidity 
in validity's lividity 
true colors discourage faith 
   flying without wings,
          in sing- song's 
       ambushed blindness
sad melody of flippant travesty 
   swallowed the pill of crazy  
    taught to be elusively blithe 
played in rote from beginning's rhyme
     vinyl scratches misses and hits 
empty tanks given notes of faction's repose 
      believe the temporary sleeping giants 
not to be awakened within osculation 
    torn from the loins of lion's dens 
   sweet mysteries of yesteryear, 
     bitterly twisted lusting embers,  
never snuffed out in a place of retention 
    lives within the confines of distance skies 
broken trusts swallowed and dispersed 
    my eyes roll back in my head for sight, 
fleeting recognition of stories unfolded
                           once upon a time 
     dream a dream if slumber should awake thee,
taken out of the equation of perception 
   no words that make sense but pierce the soul 
      lost my religion with the plot  
pricked by the thorny rose a thousand wishes deep

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sad melody of flippant travesty
swallowed the pill of crazy
taught to be elusively blithe
played in rote from beginning's rhyme

UFF DA! Ok I'll bite. (but not hard) first this is a powerful write and I think those lines speak loudest to me. I am a Christian. I have a relationship with God. (its dysfunctional - we're working on that) and that's the key. When you take it by rote, when you swallow the pill and you never ever look God square in the eye and make it personal - when you dole out judgement for your laundry list of sin's based on someone else's hierarchy of almostbutnotquitegoodenough all you're going to get is scorn from those you're trying to help. If God can reach a human in the darkest place - who the hell are you to wait until that person is sanitized for your convenience. Only God can change a heart - and the heart has to be agreeable to the change. Period. I get this poem Miss Frieda. If it offends someone - that someone needs to do a heart check, you know? Bravo!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You covered what I left out, I don't impose my beliefs on anyone else, I expect the same courtesy, d.. read more



Reviews

dear Freida.... to thine own self be true and it shall follow as the day the night
thou ucannot be false to anyone. That we have the capacity for love and forgiveness
is a beautiful mystery . truly... Pat

Posted 9 Years Ago


My goodness Frieda, someone must have really pushed your buttons. I know how that is. I am a delivery driver and in lieu of a tip one night a customer gave me a paper saying that nothing was better than Jesus' love... Boy did that piss me off. I won't go into it too much, I don't want to offend people, but I hate when religion is thrown at me, or used in such a way. Really well spoken dear, I could feel your disquieted irritation.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda, you rant beautifully, my friend. Everyone should respect everyone's own private place or perspective. We are not to judge others, because we haven't walked in that person's shoes. I could be the posterchild for imperfection and failure, so I'm not one to preach to anyone else. If I do invoke God's name, it is merely to offer a light to those in darkness and despair....not to judge. Not to in anyway suggest that you should be doing or saying something you are not, just to offer a gentle reminder that he's still out there waiting in your own time and space. Thanks for the heads up on this one, dearest poetess, Mistress of Alliteration and Conjugation. I hope you are well...

Posted 9 Years Ago


:)
Now you know I must explore this thought...

A dream?
A fantasy?
A fairytale?

Maybe something darker?

A lie?
A delusion?
The hypnotic death of zombie brainwashing?

Maybe, just maybe, there is a grain of truth?
Maybe this grain as small as a mustard seed will be the seed a faith in intellectually sound evidence? Unproven and without definitive representation in our reality, but entirely possible, we can sip a breath of a blissful reality where a loving entity indeed reigns supreme.

Interesting poetry and stimulating philosophical rant.
I loved your pouting disrespect.
Show me! Defy my reality! Open your flower scented mind! Yes. I agree with the challenge. Anything claiming the Alpha and Omega should stand up to rigorous dissection.


Posted 9 Years Ago


Faith is such a personal thing, I don't get why some people feel the need to push their beliefs and judge those whose views are different. You say it so eloquently here, Frieda - that last line is killer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

The mysteries of life Rita...grazie mille. :)
Well said, expressive without being offensive. I tend to avoid my views on religion being I'm a lost rebel to it myself. Yet again, you display the strength and courage of your pen.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I tend to avoid religion and politics, nobody ever wins, but I got riled up, can you tell? :)
well there is a collage of endearing and rightful stark statements that makes one think of those times gone by and times ahead - a delicate piece with a sharp tongue, well done, good read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much Thomas, nice to see you back.
I don't understand religious and things associated with it, but one thing is that I don't want them to change my beliefs. There are many around me who don't like because I don't follow any religion neither god... because I have my own path and others fail to understand that I am quite happy and content with my life.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

People don't care if you're happy, they just want you to do what they say, and follow what they foll.. read more
I can certainly relate to this

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Thanks Ron, too many of us can unfortunately....
My spirituality is something that I have been struggling quite profoundly over the last few weeks.. having said that, I would NEVER judge someone based on their beliefs, nor try to "preach" mine.. those who do such disrespectful, atrocious things in the name of something they believe is tragic and disheartening... The world has enough suffering without us adding to it... we are all humans who deserve understanding and respect... you are one of the deepest, emotional, caring, beautiful individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting and if someone wants to judge you based on something you have "said" or believe then that is their loss... there are always going to be hateful, ignorant jerks who love nothing more than to bring misery to others because they are so miserable themselves.. this is such a powerful poem and not with a "lashing out" tone, but one of simply stating how you "see"... how you FEEL... and what you understand... awesome writing as usual!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

You know, I'm familiar with where that comes from, yes loss will do that to a person. You might not.. read more
AprilRN1210

9 Years Ago

I can understand and relate my friend.. you are more than welcome girl :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1312 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 3, 2014
Last Updated on September 3, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aware Aware

A Poem by Sami Khalil


Street Kids Street Kids

A Poem by s y e