Supposed Complexities of Piercings are Solved

Supposed Complexities of Piercings are Solved

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

This paper was written several months ago. This paper will show what the Bible says about piercings.

"

Supposed Complexities of Piercings are Solved











by Ethan Paz






Seeing that Leviticus 19:28 is the only verse against piercings, is it alright for you and I to pierce our bodies as we wish; that is since we do not pierce our bodies for religious purposes? Those who know their Bible well will quote 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Genesis 1:27; and Romans 9:20 but we can not ignore what has been mentioned in the second paragraph of this paper. Piercings are biblical but you can go so far as to make piercings unbiblical. The rest of this paper will show you when enough is enough.
Every society and culture is different not to mention generations as well. Ear piercings to us Americans may seem no big deal but to Chinese people it might be outrageous. Likewise, nose piercings to Indian people may seem no big but to Americans it might be insane! You see, every part of the world is different. We can not condemn one part of the world based on our opinion for that is a subjective view with no absolute truth backing it up. But there is a definite line as to when piercings are wrong and that is where I want to get at. This is where the Bible speaks loudly.
1 Corinthians 10:31 says, “So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.” Moreover, Romans 14:23 says, “ . . . For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.” We do not live for ourselves but we live for God. Though we are under the New Testament and no longer under the law we are commanded to not use our freedom as a cover up for evil (1 Peter 2:16). We have a great command, in that we live as Christ would live and we give our body for God’s glory. Romans 12:1-2 says it perfectly,
“I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.” (ESV)
So are you glorifying God by your body? Are you being molded by the world to do as they wish?
No where in the Bible does it ever say, “Three piercings and that is it.” You must ask yourself, “Will this glorify God?” Each and every person must examine his/her motives and wonder if they are glorifying God. The only indications we do have is Philippians 4:5, “Let your moderation be known unto all men” and 1 Corinthians 10:23, “All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify.” What we do know is piercings can be harmful if you take it too far. For how can a body full of piercings be beneficial? It can not and therein lies the problem.
We must be mindful that piercings can cause others to stumble as Paul said. We must act accordingly to our believer’s spiritual welfare and make a good witness to the lost. If your piercings do not help you to witness accordingly, you should take them off for the time being (1 Corinthians 8:13).
I am personally against men having body piercings but the Bible says nothing about it. Jacob’s sons perhaps wore ear rings as recorded in Genesis 35:4 but I would not recommend a guy to have a piercing because that piercing might cause someone to stumble. We are called to be holy and use our body to glorify God and that is our main purpose in life.
The Bible does not say anything specifically against body piercings. I find it amazing, as to how much God desires glory for Himself. We ought to glorify God in everything do and ought to know the consequences for every action. When you are at the Great White Throne, can you tell Christ you did your best to glorify Him?


http://www.gotquestions.org/tattoos-sin.html
http://www.letusreason.org/current91.htm



© 2010 Ethan Paz


Author's Note

Ethan Paz
I don't feel like tabbing for paragraphs. So please understand my laziness here, lol.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool.

Posted 13 Years Ago


it is ture that god said nothing in the bible about percings but he wants your happy so i say do what you want also think would jesus do that.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

525 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 18, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz