Shall I Die for Christ?

Shall I Die for Christ?

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

If God calls you to be a martyr shall you gladly accept the opportunity or will you cowar in fear about death's curtain? Pain is temporal; bliss is temporal. That's at least for the Christian.

"

Shall I die for Christ?

Will this be a victor's night?

Shall I with no fear

Stand before the devil

And testify of God?

 

Or

 

Is the iron too hot for me?

Is the cross too heavy?

Is my faith just too weak?

Will I die for Christ?

Would I die for Him right now?

 

 



© 2010 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice it was powerful very nice..

~SK

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this, It made me think about my own faith. I wouldnt be brave enough to accept the first option...the second stanza would be honesty...i would hesitate. I love the way you laid out this poem.....asking questions to yourself but somewhere within its obvious the answer is there but which one. makes you question your faith and decide upon which is the path and do you need to strengthen this faith or if you would make the sacrifice then you know you are there. Good job!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow very nice. I do understand this. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This hits hard and to the core. I think of the apostle Paul - he said that he would gladly give his life...and we do that each day. We present ourselves as living sacrifices unto Him each time we rebuke the devil and resist temptation. So each day, yes, we die for Christ. And we have the victory IN Him. :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Something believers will only understand Tate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Why would god give you life ?Only to ask you to give it away? He wants you to live it in a good way not to die for from it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2010
Last Updated on May 7, 2010


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz