Atheism: the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

Atheism: the Way, the Truth, and the Life?

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

A mix of philosophy and religion but it considers the basic questions of atheism with answers from Christianity.

"

                If God is righteous than why does He cause pain? If God is “Omnipotent” than why does He not show His power in the world? If God is holy would not His followers (Christians) stop being hypocrites? The Bible proves in itself that Christianity is a lie. Christians are only people who believe in fantasy.

                And to this I say, “Rightly so.” The Bible is foolish at first but will you consider as to how all things will be determined? I ask this for choices are peacefully and quietly determined, but once was not so in the “Great Bang.” Should not chaotic conduct beget chaotic behavior soon thereafter? I am saying this for I am comparing the Law of Biogenesis to the choices of life.

An earthquake in Haiti is recognized as a tragedy. But if God is righteous and loving than why does God permit pain? In some cases this can be illustrated in the way of a father spanking his child for chastisement. I am not saying God did this for Haiti but let's go on. In other cases harm’s way comes to show God’s glory. But God does not do what He does in a tyrannical way, but because he wants to show His children Himself or His glory. Whether it be an earthquake or a wide-world plague, he wants to open the eyes of His children to Him. I do not know why God does what He does but He does all things to bring mankind to Him. Who are we to judge what God justifies?

God does not have to perform miracles to prove that He is God. His name already proves it. For instance, the president of the United States does not have to prove to the world he is powerful; his title alone already proves his power! For instance if you are a father and you’re child is at home, you don’t have to prove to your friends that you do have a child. They simply have to accept this truth by faith.

People are flawed. I cut myself using a razor blade every now and then but because of my deficiencies, they do not neglect God’s holiness. The problem is me because of my incapability to keep God’s standard of holiness.. God is forgiving; He has nothing to contribute to my sinfulness.

                Your questions are answered, but my last question is: “What keeps this universe together?”



© 2010 Ethan Paz


Author's Note

Ethan Paz
If you want to argue your point to me just message me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

To answer your question - Everything that your mind can imagine and cannot perceive is contained IN God. So God keeps it all together. How do you know for certain????
'Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...'
The Bible, Hebrews 11:1 (New International Version)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I would love to message you - What holds this universe together? The Bible says that God spans the earth with his hand, he hangs the earth upon nothing, He is the Alpha and the Omega and creator of all things even the stars. He stretched out the universe with his understanding and actually spoke everything into creation. The Bible says that the universe was made through Jesus Christ which is to say that God is one God, but complex in his unity and this perfect unity is the Hebrew word "echad" meaning composite unity. this means God is the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. This is how he can reign in the Heavens as the Father, dwell on earth in the flesh as Jesus Christ and fill the universe with His Holy Spirit. The Trinity is one God, but three consciences in perfect and eternal unity. So when God said "Let there be light" It was the Father speaking to the Son. So I would see the Father as the architect and Jesus as the one who makes it happen from the Father. I wrote a commentary on atheism that brings up some interesting points as well. I could not imagine the fear of thinking God was not holding everything together - just imagine how vulnerable our planet would be and it could suddenly go plummeting into darkness and just fall. God definitely holds this world up.

Posted 10 Years Ago


A very interesting writing, and since its been 3 yrs. that is all I will say!

Posted 11 Years Ago


The majority of the universe is void, and void is basically nothingness. The strings of galaxies are held together by gravity, strong and weak nuclear forces, and electromagnetic forces that keep our atoms from dispersing all over the place.

God? Well, God is an in-explainable hypothetical super natural entity. I say hypothetical in the literal sense, and the existence of such a force is undetectable with our current technology, and certainly not simple enough to be explained by one particular book written a few thousand years ago.

We can explain how the Universe and all its' glory is kept together through natural means, there is really no need whatsoever to be lazy and do 0% of the research required to understand that. I'm sorry, your little story has no baffling outcome for me or any other nonbeliever.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I bet some people would answer your question, "Why does God permit pain?" to say that it let's people grow and gives them strength, but I think that's a load of crap. But honestly, I'm an athiest, and I just can't understand why God says that He loves everyone, but then has a set of rules as to who goes up and who goes down. I understand that criminals go to hell, but the whole "if they're sorry, they're forgiven" comes to mind. But why should the Jewish, the Muslim, the gays and lesbians and athiests go to hell? We've done nothing wrong. Is it because we don't abide by the same set of books, the same stories, the same writings? If we've done nothing really wrong, then we shouldn't be damned already. The gays, the Jews, the Muslims, they are born and then they're damned to hell. Something's wrong with that in my book. They can't get forgiven, either; that's wrong, too. So if this God is here, if He's within us and around us, then why isn't he much more forgiving? Why doesn't he let all of his "children" into heaven? That's what confuses me.
But this piece was interesting to read and really good. If you have a different viewpoint than I do, you can say that. I won't interrupt you. But do you really cut yourself? I hope not. I don't think that there's a point.
Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I beleive that God keeps it together. He is the one who made everything. I love the way you wrote this argument and adding, even at the end, a bit of you made it all right. It made me sad though, that part about you. If you need to talk let me know! Please! I crave intelecual conversation.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nobody knows what keeps universe together. Nobody knows if there is god either, they say so - but nobody knows. It is a belief and belief is not a fact. God is an idea, it's not a fact.

Everything just IS. There is no beginning and no end to it, there is no reason to anything and everything is important, and there is no more than neutrons, electrons and protons. That's all there is.

Nobody even knows what the universe is. These men with the telescope are telling me that they are receiving light from a star which is 2 billion years old; so if this light from the star is 2 billion years old – what is there, now? What happened to it in the last 2 billion years? Somewhere in history or by education you have picked up the idea of the universe, but it’s not your idea… simple as that. So, supposing you go to the shop to buy a hammer and you bring the hammer home and you hit the finger with it. Who are you going to blame? The hammer or the sales personnel or your father who explained to you how to use the hammer? You go to school and you get a book with the idea of the universe and you bring it home. And then this idea hurts your brain and confuses you. Who is to blame? Can you not see how dangerous ideas are? Ideas do as much if not more damage than hammers, knifes, guns, falling downstairs or being run over by a tram - these are all ideas, these are not facts; this is the paradox. We don't understand the relationship of mind to matter. Because if you look at the examples, you will see that these things only exist because somebody had the idea. (this is a part of my essay I thought, it fits. )

Posted 13 Years Ago


To answer your question - Everything that your mind can imagine and cannot perceive is contained IN God. So God keeps it all together. How do you know for certain????
'Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen...'
The Bible, Hebrews 11:1 (New International Version)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice Ethan. I have no problem with is writing. This is a very nice story. I like it. I have no reason to argue with you, I kinda understand it, but I would figure it out if I read this more. Very nice Ethan, very nice.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It was really more of an poetic argument than a story... But, I think arguing against God is just as pointless as arguing for Him. -shrugs-

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1614 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 23, 2010
Tags: Atheism, Christianity, suffering, hypocrites, power


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cold Cold

A Poem by HorrorMaster


B**b grinder B**b grinder

A Chapter by HorrorMaster


first love first love

A Poem by LynLee