No Longer

No Longer

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

A lyric expressing a new hope.

"

You’ve seen me all alone

Walking through this world with no hope.

You’ve seen me all alone

You took me pity and gave me love.

So I forsake my own, I leave everything behind

There’s no turning back, I’m following You.

(I’m following You.)

 

So I leave this world behind

And forsake these gems of mine.

No longer I want to become who I was.

So I leave my past love

And come running to You alone.

Cause no longer I want to become who I was.

(I was.)

A sinner,

(I was.)

A hypocrite,

(I was.)

So much more!

So I leave this world behind

And forsake these gems of mine.

No longer I want to become who I was.

So I leave my past love

And come running to You alone.

Cause no longer I want to become who I was.

I’m running to You.

 

You can see me right now

And the mirror can’t lie to You.

Cause I’m standing in the light sweet and sound.

I’m no longer broken

And I’m no longer defeated

Cause I have Christ in me.

All I need Him cause now I’m complete!

 

So I leave this world behind

And forsake these gems of mine.

No longer I want to become who I was.

So I leave my past love

And come running to You alone.

Cause no longer I want to become who I was.

(I was.)

A sinner,

(I was.)

A hypocrite,

(I was.)

So much more!

So I leave this world behind

And forsake these gems of mine.

No longer I want to become who I was.

So I leave my past love

And come running to You alone.

Cause no longer I want to become who I was.

I’m running to You.

I’m running to You, Jesus.

I’m running to You  cause no longer I want to become who I was.



© 2010 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very poignant writing about what we should be going to and leaving the things in this world behind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Great message, it really spoke to me there. Well written and thought through. I liked it a lot.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wonderful message of letting go of the attachments that plague us all. I also enjoyed the mantra it took me into.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very well written and i must say that it is good lyrics to a song. i think that it will inspire many ppl in the same situation

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'd like to challenge the idea that a sinful, fruitless life is easier and better. A sinful life is on that requires no effort, no moral code, no principles or rules. However, the phrase that people are "shackled in sin" is almost literal. A sin is an action, and therefore has an outcome that we call "consequences." As a sin is typically a negative action, the ultimate consequential outcome is also negative. Using this reasoning to judge, how can a sinful life be better or happier?

I love these lyrics. I've recently experience a sort of reconciliation with my own faith. The change between that and my past life is like comparing night to day. It's a beautiful thing. This kind of story is not told or published enough. I love how much hope and faith comes across in this work, it's tangible and strong. Beautiful. A job well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like this, especially the refrain "...So I leave this world behind and forsake these gems of mine..." It's a tough choice, to leave one's 'gems' behind. In the context of your poem I think it might directly mean things like possessions (i.e. expensive shoes that work just as well as those that cost 80% less) and particular attitudes or dispositions (i.e. the hypocrite that claims to love God as well as you yet slanders you behind your back thus making a mockery of God). However I also think it can mean things like past or current wounds, grudges and so forth. Cheers!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A beautiful poem of love and common sense. Easy to swim in sin and the bad things of this world. Hard to walk the good life. I like the purpose and the ending of this beautiful and hopeful poem. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I read this as a description of an individual's journey, towards a genuine life in the service of our God. By that, I mean the one true Christian God. In this piece of writing, the "gems" which the protagonist has abandoned are worldly pleasures or the false ways of living indulged in by non-Christians? Feel free to correct me, if any of my analysis is wrong, Ethan? Thankyou kindly, for sharing this writing with us! Please keep in touch!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

520 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2010
Last Updated on December 21, 2010


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love. Love.

A Story by typingaway