Faith

Faith

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

Faith defined

"

            Stories, awe-striking testimonies, shock me as I hear the accounts of faith told. Maybe, I am in awe of these stories because I too want to be like them. I want that faith, but what is faith? Faith . . . faith is Enoch finding His delight in God and being caught up in heaven with Him. Do you want another definition of faith? Faith . . . faith is Joseph trusting in God when his family forsook Him, his situations turned against Him, and his closest friends forgot Him. What is faith? Faith . . . faith is Moses casting all his trust to God by leading a million of people to the Red Sea while being surrounded by an Egyptian army; yet Moses knew that our God would deliver him! What is faith? Faith . . . faith is Elijah calling for fire from heaven from God in order to make the people glorify God. You still ask what is faith? Faith is Elisha knowing that God would protect Him from the men of the Arameans. Faith is Job committing his life for the honor and glory of God the Father, when he knew no reason as to why disaster was occurring to him. It is by faith, when great and awesome things happen!.It is by faith we were saved and it will be by faith, how we will live.

            By faith, you can walk on water. By faith, you can move a mountain in the sea. By faith, you can ask God the Father anything, and it will be done to you. By faith, you can do anything.

            You ask me what faith is? Well, let me tell you:

 

Faith finds God

And

Faith trusts God!

           

            Faith is how we live. We live by faith not because we are an ordinary people, but because we are extraordinary. Faith is God!

 

2 Corinthians 5:7- We live by faith, not by sight

1 Corinthians 1:10- Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

 



© 2011 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I often questioned my Faith instead of depending on the Lord... it is so hard to trust but yet I am called to trust my awesome and amazing God. Thank you for the reminder and the constant encouragement you are to me!

Your Girl

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great things have come about because of one's faith in God. Faith is truly our lifeline to God and the foundation of our relationship with Jesus Christ. Enjoyed your writing....Lee

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

380 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 11, 2011
Last Updated on April 11, 2011


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz