The Greatest Vanity

The Greatest Vanity

A Chapter by Ethan Paz
"

Here is an article that explains the greatest vanity in life. Even you might be vulernable to this vanity.

"

  

            How vain it is for a man who half-heartedly runs wherever he goes! Whether the situation symbolizes a race, an academic, or a personal goal, vanity swallows the man who aims just for par. Vanity can only be seen as a great loss, for he spends his life’s direction only in carving out man’s misery.  Vanity is a distinguished person; you read rightly, for he has and is and always will be named the Devil. But, since man falls prey to vanity not only just once, but also a life time, we can call vanity pleasurable. Indeed, this is truth. Since vanity’s destination to us came from the Father of Vanities and since the Holy Scripture calls the Father of Vanities an angel of light (an angel of light in disguise), we can assume that vanity, in fact, is light, and by that, I mean good or pleasurable to the eye. However, since vanity is pleasure in disguise, we see that vanity truly is a dangerous intoxication. This intoxication can only mean that vanity derives from sin, knowing that sin produces pleasurable responses, but in the end, it only gives what it truly is: death.

            We shall now discuss how vanity remains so hazardous to the man. Yea, vanity entraps the man in these two circumstances: 1) The man who chases after wrong desires. 2) The man who spends his time (carelessly and without zeal) with desires split in two directions. I shall now make a list as to the harms of vanity: 1) The man does not attain faith, hope, and love in its entirety. 2) The man does not maintain his zeal. 3) He does not know who he is or what he was destined to be. 4) He has not amounted to what he planned to do. 5). The man has not achieved true success. Although there are two persons entrapped in vanity, the man who spends his time half-heartedly is by far the most wretched of the two. I will discuss the harms of vanity, after I discuss why the half-hazard person is more wretched than the man who chases after wrong desires.

            Every person only searches what will make him the most happy. People arrive at a problem when they see themselves deceived by sin or vanity; however, I will not discuss how and why people are deceived, for this is beyond the scope of what I am aiming for. The point is this: the man who chases after wrong desires achieve much more happiness than the man who has his desires split. The man who chases after wrong desires fulfills his pursuit for happiness, but the man who has desires split remains unable to satisfy his desires. Thus, the man who is half-hearted in all his pursuits is the most wretched.

            The first harm of the harms of vanity is the man does not attain faith, hope, and love in its entirety. Every man believes in something when he does what he loves. However, the man who has desires split will eventually have little to no faith. Why? Well, if he did what he loved, he would stick to it, but such is not the case; therefore, he does not have faith in its full measure. If I have faith in something, I hope that it will work out for good. However, if I do not have faith, I also do not have hope. The two are always intertwined with each other. Lastly, I will not have love in its entirety. In order for love to be in its entirety, it must give undivided attention to that which it loves. If it does not, the man is not receiving the full measure of happiness since he is not giving his full measure of love.

            The second harm of the harms of vanity is the man does not maintain his zeal. Half-hearted work in a task eventually leads to drudgery. A work that has been done half-heartedly is not truly loved, thus it is more of a burden. Anything that is not done out of love is not done out of zeal. The only way to love someone or something is to spend every effort into that interest.  The man who has his desires split starves himself of all the good benefits he was made for �" satisfaction, love, progress, etc. By not pursuing desire in its full intensity, he does not receive the full compound interest of joy through love. What I mean is this: every desire reaps a sort of joy to the person. By not pursuing a desire to the fullest extent, joy will be limited according to the desire invested in.

            The third harm of the harms of vanity is he does not know who he is or what he was destined to be. The heart screams when desires are spread abroad, for the man defines himself by what he does. By the man’s desires being mixed, the man has a split personality, which in the end, will drive him insane. As a result, he asks himself what he was destined to be or what his purpose is. Without a sense of direction, he remains a hopeless wretch with no zeal.

            The fourth harm of the harms of vanity is he has not amounted to what he planned to do. He that has amounted to what he planned to do while doing it half-heartedly has low standards. If this is not the case for you, than you are an exception to the human race.  He that has not amounted to what he planned to do also had a plan of direction for success. Every man has a plan of direction for success, but he that has his desires split cannot invest all his energies for success to that which he desires most. As a result, he sees himself as a failure in his own eyes, for he has not met his expectations.

            The fifth and last harm of the harms of vanity is the man has not achieved true success. In order for true success to be achieved, a person must commit himself to do his best in what he loves. When a person’s full potential is reached, success has been achieved. I say this, for everyone’s job is to be faithful to that which has been granted to him. Saying this, I now make my conclusion.

            Every man holds the duty in making himself happy or joyful because a man should always be happy or joyful in what he does. Joy and happiness is what every man deserves. Strangely, half-hearted work remains addicting.  As a result, this only produces carelessness and unhappiness. The only way to escape the vanity of half-hearted work is to do what we despise to do: surgically remove our heart from one of the desires our heart is placed in and put it with the other desire where our other heart lies. No other way is available. In conclusion from all that I have said, the decision for vanity is your choice: either decide to be half-hearted in all your work or choose to be zealous in everything you do.



© 2011 Ethan Paz


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Vanity is very hard to described. You did a excellent job. I like how you create the levels and describing them with logic and reason. Thank you for the outstanding chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

445 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 11, 2011
Last Updated on June 11, 2011


Author

Ethan Paz
Ethan Paz

Iron River, MI



About
What's up I'm happy your here now reading my content. The content is organized in different sections for your convenience. Many of life's questions will be answered when you read my writings. So c.. more..

Writing
Hot Temper Hot Temper

A Poem by Ethan Paz