Last Words

Last Words

A Story by Kirby Inc.
"

Betrayal...lies...pain...in exactly 150 words! Two old friends meet to settle a score, and get the truth...

"

   Night had fallen, however a lone lamp cast its glow over the rooftop. A man stood alone, captivated by the nighttime atmosphere of the city. He examined the taller skyscrapers surrounding him. Soon, another figure, a woman, emerged onto the roof.

   “I want answers, Guy,” she said, pulling a gun on him.

   “Of course you do, Lyn.” the man sighed submissively, turning to face her. She pointed the gun at him, hands shaking. “I doubt you'd believe me...”

   “G-Guy...” she cried, “I trusted you! Why?” Guy flinched, pain in his eyes. “ANSWER ME!”

   He fell, shirt stained in blood. A shot echoed in the air. In an instant she was at his side.

   “I've been had,” he gasped, fading fast, “I only wanted... answers... the truth...”

   “Guy...” Lyn whispered, grasping his hand. He smiled back.

   “Lyn... I always... loved you...”

 

© 2009 Kirby Inc.


Author's Note

Kirby Inc.
My entry into the Flash Fiction contest. I ran over 150 my first draft, so I had to limit some of my descriptions. I dunno, if this goes over well, maybe I'll take it and expand it into a full story!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Cool story! Intense, exciting, and a little romantic! I really liked it! :D

Posted 14 Years Ago


Interesting litle story.
The effort of fitting it into 150 words was gracefully paid off by a good story.
A longer version would also be interesting to read, preferably a short story and not something of larger proportions.

Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 2, 2009
Last Updated on September 6, 2009

Author

Kirby Inc.
Kirby Inc.

PA



About
After almost a year of activity (and inactivity) on this site, I'm proud to say I finally changed the crappy "About Me" I had up here! I hope to stay more active on here from here .. more..

Writing