A Lesson in Pottery

A Lesson in Pottery

A Poem by Matt Stephens
"

No heart only weeps. No heart only leaps. No heart only sores.

"

Alas, you've come to realize that the heart is not made of the cartilage of which text books speak.

Through a series of coincidental events you've begun to witness that, if made of clay, a broken heart can be mended to sustain the immeasurable substance that is love.

Your heart is no longer a clock, ticking away the days you go without the presence of true love.

Don't let your heart become that of stone when your heart is in cacophony from that of someone else's.

If the tie that you share with that love is disharmony then, it was never meant to be.

Don't be fooled by the guttural nature of a lover's heart, a fickle nature can only lead to anguish and deterioration.

Most importantly, remember that love is unconditional…You know when you love them…they are in your thoughts, and you can only dream that you are in theirs.

This is where happenstance sets in, and by some unexplainable reason, you're not alone in this.

It is then, if fate permits, a love can enter a phase of finality, a phase in which "I love you too" is not just a far off dream.

© 2008 Matt Stephens


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on October 21, 2008
Last Updated on October 21, 2008