Space in an Acre

Space in an Acre

A Poem by gabiaimee
"

I am still trying to comprehend how one space can take up so much space in my memories.

"
I can fill this acre with half a lifetime. I can stack boxes overflowing with stories. I can cram friendships and heartbreaks into the remaining space, then I can tell you where everything goes when it is time to unpack.
At that table is where a friend consoled me when a boy had only wanted a piece of me. On that curb is where I was propositioned by that boy. On that swing is where I told of how I shouldn't have trusted him. In that tanbark is where I once again fell as I had fallen when I was young. On that court is where I learned to ride my bike and walk away from boys who only want a piece of me. At that bench is where I witnessed the questioning of a boy who knows what pieces he wants. In that grass is where I discovered that I was friends with girls who would have settled for that boy. On those beaten pathways is where I walked alone at night, learning to be afraid of any person who may want a piece of me. In the sprinklers' spray is where I realized that I had no reason to be afraid because I would someday find a different boy: one who would wait to know every piece of me, including my flaws, and who I would want to know every piece of. On that blanket in that meadow between the basketball court and the swings is where I realized that I was sitting next to him. 
To those who have seen this acre:
One day, I hope you realize that bringing you to that park was like some sort of initiation which, upon completion, granted you an official spot in my heart. By bringing you there, I trusted you with an acre full of my past and some extra space for you to leave some of yours. 

© 2015 gabiaimee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on October 13, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2015
Tags: prose, poem, free, verse, boyfriend, boy, man, sex, memory, memories, past, acre, space, park, friendship, love, fear, afraid, heartbreak, friends, piece, trust, nostalgia, childhood, nostalgic

Author

gabiaimee
gabiaimee

CA



About
To write is to live a thousand lives. more..

Writing
Shipping Shipping

A Poem by gabiaimee


Maybe Maybe

A Poem by gabiaimee