Wrists

Wrists

A Poem by Gabrielle E. M. T.
"

I am a very demented person. I let the blood run from my veins onto the floor and the ink from my pen onto the paper to release my pain. Enjoy.

"

I sit here in darkness staring at my wrists.

Knife in hand deciding which first to cut.

Hiding from the fury of the world and its 10,000 fists.

I'm so tired of being called the seducing s**t.

 

Without my love I have no reason to live.

He was the only one I could ever want or need.

For him I gave everything that I could give.

Cold and alone, my wrists will forever bleed.

 

I would rather be buried in a deep pit of mud.

Instead I lay her screaming in my bed.

Crying and moaning in a puddle of my blood.

All I want now is to give up and be dead.

 

I'm so sick and tired of being this world's slave.

Hated and shamed they weigh me down with chains.

Please pick up your shovel and dig me up a grave.

The blood has been pouring for hours out of my veins.

 

So I take my chances and roll life's evil dice.

What a pathetic and horrid life, I'm so pissed.

But with this knife my skin and veins I will slice.

And pour out all my pain and agony from my wrists.

© 2008 Gabrielle E. M. T.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
Damn, this was good. You express your feelings with perfection. I love the darkness you've presented. Haunting and disturbing, yet filled with deep emotion, and a sense of your heart just Yearning to be loved so much- Very awesome hun, really good job with this :)

Mikey

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
r
i cut as well........... i love this piece. its like totally describing what i was looking for in the contest...good luck

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

An intense deep piece with dark emotions thru~ out THanks submitting for this haunting poem to my contest~Fran Marie

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You express emotion well, better to express these thoughts than to take action on them. I hope you find peace in your writing, thank you for entering my contest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

A deep piece, but if it was to be taken literally I would be concerned. When I was nine I had similar feelings. Now I am 18 and I have little patience for people who deal with pain by hurting themselves (you have to understand the community I live in - unfortunately many of my friends felt they could only get attention by cutting, but instead all they did was scratch at their wrists and show it off, kind of sad, really). I hate to be so blunt, but giving yourself pain is not the way to fix things and people rarely respect you if all you can do to express that pain is to either cut yourself or write about cutting yourself. Again, sorry for being blunt. Pain goes beyond the physical. Tell me about the mental, make me see what you see, feel what you feel. Best of luck, keep writing no matter what anyone tells you, and never, ever give up. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I understand the depth of the message, but the presentation is a bit lacking for my taste. The rhyme seems a bit forced in places. As for suicide, I can not pretend to acknowledge the beauty of the expression of it. It is an ugly thing and a selfish thing. I have lived through two suicides and one failed attempt from close friends and family. If this poem be true, then I feel for you and I hope you seek help to get you through this moment of pain that seems to fill your life. Just remember, there is so much more out there than this precise precious moment. Seek that help.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Oh wow, this was such a deep piece. You know I always said that I need to bleed to know that I am still alive for emotions escaped this body a long time ago.
I can so deeply relate to every agonizing word written here and it really does hits closer to home than what I would like to admit...

Brilliantly said Gabrielle, I really thought this was a brilliant piece ...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

this is a damn well writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Very deep and emotional write. Release through writing rather than cutting.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

You expressed your feelings quite nicely. Sometimes its better to write about releasing your pain then through cutting. I was a cutter, I even still have my moments - but I learned of something called the Butterfly Effect - drawing with a permenant marker a butterfly or something on your wrist - if you cut you've killed it. It's helped me for the most part.


Great Write
Rayne

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow, these are deep feelings that you expressed. I am proud of you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

616 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 16, 2008
Last Updated on March 5, 2008

Author

Gabrielle E. M. T.
Gabrielle E. M. T.

Peoria, IL



About
OH WOW! I have not been on this site in FIVE YEARS! This is crazy! I am 21 now and need to find the time to update this page. I've been busy as a mother and an art student. MAY YOU ALWAYS BE INSPIRED!.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..