Seasons

Seasons

A Story by the_gak

We were always taught that global warming was bad �" that it would doom our planet. It was the one fact that every scientist and geologist seem to agree on. Men of religion defined it as ‘hell and high water’, while men of science called it ‘melting of glaciers and rising of sea level’. Despite the words used, both factions acknowledged that the threat was real. Everyone were convinced that the ill-effects would be seen soon.
But no one was prepared for monsoon.
The first rain was unexpected. As the sky grew darker, everyone expected the graceful touch of the cool drops from above �" but they were rewarded with something a lot more beautiful. Rain had changed; it no longer rained in drops, but altogether in sheets. It was a bit unusual, and required getting used to, but beautiful nevertheless. Heavy rains were harsh, and could even inflict serious harm, but the lighter ones were straight out of fairy tales. The skies were painted with rainbows, the lakes and dams were almost overflowing, and the atmosphere couldn’t have been pleasanter. This change lit a ray of hope in the hearts of humanity. The worst threat we faced, a demon of our own making, had managed to give us something good. Maybe global warming wasn’t so bad after all; maybe all was well.

Alas, no one was prepared for winter.

© 2017 the_gak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 1, 2017
Last Updated on March 1, 2017

Author

the_gak
the_gak

Madurai, Tamilnadu, India



About
I'm a new writer, looking for a lot of criticism to help me improve. more..

Writing
In Love In Love

A Story by the_gak