Welcome Back

Welcome Back

A Story by the_gak

The sky is cloudy, and the atmosphere sleepy. I’m in my car. Looking through my window, I could see all the jackasses - head out the window, “enjoying” the day. Ugh. F**k them. I took the highway to drive; not to put up with these hippies. I mean, look at the guy in front of me - the guy in the convertible. He’s singing. While going at 50. On a highway. He’s f*****g singing while doing a 50 on a highway, and the retard wouldn’t even let me pass.
And the f****r behind me - the one in the red sedan. I don’t know what in hell his deal is, but he’s been honking at me like his life depends on it. I am not gonna let him pass me while I’m still stuck behind the a*****e in the convertible. F**k him. F**k them all.
The convertible idiot finally came to his senses it seems. He’s making way for me to pass. Screw it - he lost his chance ten minutes ago. Now I gotta teach him a lesson. As I overtake him, I roll down my window, and spit on his stupid face. Ha ha. That’ll show him some mann- S**t! The f**k is he doing?! Did he seriously lose control? S**t. S**t. S**t. Shi-
My last memory is seeing him rear-end me in my rear-view mirror.
I fell into darkness.
Wait. How am I still alive?
Huh.
Am I still alive?
I open my eyes. Where am I?
I see two doors. One of them has a golden doorframe, and it leads to a meadow. Is that Heaven? Should I go in? I am not even looking at the other door. I don’t have to. The rotting smell emanating from it is enough to tell me where it leads.
As I walk towards the golden doorway, I get an eerie sensation. I am two feet away from the door, and it shuts.
Oh god.
Someone - no wait; something grips my arm.
No.
I’m too scared to turn around. Please God, please don’t let that be what I think it is.
My mind shuts down in fear, as it pulls me through the second door into a dark corridor, and slammed me against a wall. I hold my breath, and it brings its face closer to mine. It looks like something that nightmares were made of - a rotting corpse, with blood oozing out of its pores. I muster enough courage to regain my voice, and slur out the words.
“Are you the devil?”
The creature nods, with a sinister smile in its face. Suddenly a bright light appeared behind it.
“She may have killed in her last moments, but she deserves a second chance”, an angelic voice echoes. “Everyone does.”
Before I know what’s happening, a bright light blinds me.
The sky is cloudy, and the atmosphere sleepy. I’m in a red sedan. Looking through my window, I could see - wait a minute. The car in front of me - is that mine? Oh God! I know what’s happening. This is my chance at redemption. Feverishly honking at my car, I realise that the idiot driving it doesn’t understand what’s awaiting her. Oh God, the convertible is making way. I’m gonna kill that guy again. Acting on impulse, I do the only thing I could. I rear-end my car.
I am not hurt. But “past” me is. I see her crash; I see her skull crack; I see her bleed to death. I also see the guy in the convertible; I see him call an ambulance; I see him alive. I am redeemed. And now, I see the light again; I see the doors again; I walk towards the golden doorway, and enter it. Nothing stops me now. I did it - I’m in Heaven.
I see a hooded figure standing at a distance. The figure turns, and it’s a man - a man with wrinkled skin, smiling lips, and soothing eyes. I know who that is. I approach Him.
“Are you God?”
He smiles. “You must have so many questions, child. Ask.”
I chuckle. I am no longer afraid. I talk to Him.
“I met the devil earlier. They say the greatest trick he ever pulled was convincing the world he didn’t exist. Is that true?”
He is silent. I suddenly smell a foul odour, and I feel the eerie sensation again.
“No”. An inhuman voice rasps beside my ear. “The greatest trick I ever pulled was convincing the world there’s an alternative”. I turn around to see the creature drooling blood over me, smirking. “Welcome back”.

© 2018 the_gak


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on June 29, 2018
Last Updated on June 29, 2018

Author

the_gak
the_gak

Madurai, Tamilnadu, India



About
I'm a new writer, looking for a lot of criticism to help me improve. more..

Writing
In Love In Love

A Story by the_gak