cold road

cold road

A Story by donjuan
"

survival...

"

As I travel down this lonely road, cold and alone, I quiver and shake at winter's selfish chill.

One man walking alone in the dark, hungry, desperate and beaten to an inch of his life.

The pain he has  suffered has left him to be weak, to be hurt, to be forgotten, to be no one.

The dark cold road is vicious, for the darkness has no soul, no compassion, for a broken man.

There are sounds coming from the surrounding forest, as the owls who, and the wolves drool.

The eyes that watch him are very unkind, dark and evil, with a devilish smile.

The predators lick there lips as they wait for him to fall, so they may feast on his flesh and taste his blood.

His blood is in the air, and the wolves smell fear, waiting to devour, his blood, sweat and his tears.

I walk alone in danger, in cold, and in pain, fighting for my life with every once of blood in my veins.

The jackals are on the prowl, the buzzards flie over head as they wait for this weekened man to fall, so they may be fed.

The sounds are getting closer the animals are on my heels, I continue to fight and take steps to delay this ordeal.

Here comes a light is it a rescue, is it a chance to shake free of my enemies, to slow the devils dance.

to be continued....

© 2013 donjuan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 2, 2013

Author

donjuan
donjuan

Durham, NC



About
Hello... I am a male who has a strong passion for writing and poetry. I love everything about poetry b/c it offers a writer the chance to express his/her emotions in words. That is the greatest feelin.. more..

Writing
dreamgirl dreamgirl

A Poem by donjuan