Complicated Love

Complicated Love

A Story by Gautham S
"

Love story of my life.

"
Prologue: Love gets tricky when we love two gals at the same time. I had a very interesting experience during my school days. The story happens in India, where school time affairs are considered as prestige one's. I am committed to Kanya when the story begins.

Riya happened to be one of my best friends in class. She wasn't so glamorous or sexy like the other 'beauties' of our class. But she had beautiful eyes and very long hair, which I used to admire a lot those days. She studied with me for two years. I never thought of loving her, even in my wildest dreams. The main reason was that she knew about my affair Kanya. So we were moving forward as very good friends until our friends started doubting us. My close friends and her friends started making rumors that we were in love. Especially I should thank my very best friend Kevin for creating all the troubles. Finally, to shut everyone's mouth, she admitted her love for me. Everyone got happy as she vomited what they wanted, but she just said that to trick them. For me, the earth stood still for sometime! She soon came to apologize to me saying that she said it after losing all her patience and she never meant anything seriously. But being a boy, I took advantage of that situation;said I too love her. She fell into a fix and it almost took two days for her to get out of that. Finally she nodded an 'yes' for our relation. That was one of the moments I should have really celebrated in life, but I fell into a fix. I was totally screwed up! 'A friend in need is a friend in deed';I went straight to Kevin to discuss my problem. After his deep calculations, he urged me to proceed with Riya without breaking up with Kanya. Why blame him alone?? I was the person to take the decision, but I decided to go ahead with both gals. 

Then it was romance time in class! I sat near her, exchanged glances during classes, passed messages in paper bits..Wow that was too exciting! But as like every relation ours too had ego clashes,disputes etc. She was very possessive about me. I always had time to spend with my friends and other gals, but never for her! I always shouted at her for no reason, in fact I used to avoid her a lot! One day she asked whether we can end this relation?? She was finding it difficult to adjust with me! In her terms, I was too 'bad'! Moreover, a gal needs very much care and love from her boyfriend, which I never gave! That moment I felt completely empty, i was shattered in a way; Because I know I loved her! But I never let her off. From the next day I started trying to be nice and decent with her. Later on, I started loving her deeply. Romantic days were back again! She was very happy that I changed for her. When we boys fall in love, we think she is all ours. I took that freedom too, a moment which I will remember throughout my life. We were talking for a long time, laughing..Her smile and gestures were tempting me like anything, so many times i felt like kissing her but others were there..Finally i couldn't control myself and 'I held her by her waist';she stood there petrified! I don't know how much long i held her like that, but i enjoyed those moments like anything. And another moment was just before our x'mas examinations, when i held her hand for sometime. When our romance was at peak, our relation broke off! She had a lot of family issues and personal problems. Saying these issues and some unjustifiable reasons, she suggested a break up. I lost all my temper, tore and threw away the card which i wanted to give her. I still don't know about her problems and the breakup really shattered me. That's when we realize the power of our friends;friendship is the best healing medicine. After that we haven't talked much, I saw her for the last time on March 2004 after our 10th grade examinations. Her eyes got filled as she looked at me. She still loved me? Or was she bidding a final farewell? 

Epilogue: Riya left school after 10th grade. Then she just vanished like anything. No one knows where she is or what she is doing now.I tried to find her in many ways, but she just disappeared! My relation with Kanya ended soon, but I see her often. I realized Riya was my only love! But now i'm single..No tensions, very happy!

© 2012 Gautham S


Author's Note

Gautham S
Give your honest reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was intriguing and suspenseful....kinda sweet and sad too. As soon as I read the first sentence, I just had to read more until I knew the conclusion. Also very mysterious at the end....great story. I really enjoyed it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gautham S

11 Years Ago

thank u so much :-)..the reason she left me, it's still haunting me. she could have told it clearly.
Silhouette

11 Years Ago

Im sorry she left you....may you find happiness and be free of ur haunting memories :)
hehe... a typical indian.. early teen love story.........

Posted 11 Years Ago


Gautham S

11 Years Ago

;-)
I like it. there's only one thing you should change and that is to take away the to in the first line of the paragraph three.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dreaming lord

11 Years Ago

i dint understand ur suggestion.. bree bros
Lino Rie

11 Years Ago

He already changed it the "to" is gone now. in the line I sat near her, exchanged glances during cla.. read more
Dreaming lord

11 Years Ago

oh ok..

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 24, 2012
Last Updated on October 26, 2012
Tags: Love, it's complicated, friendship, lost love

Author

Gautham S
Gautham S

Trivandrum, Kerala, India



About
Just love to write more and more! more..

Writing