Destiny: The Hero

Destiny: The Hero

A Story by Gautham S
"

Our lives are ruled by destiny..

"
Destiny is something which gives everyone unexpected turns in life. Well, I do believe in destiny as my life was always filled with unexpected happenings, both exciting and dreadful ones. Meeting Priyanka was one such coincidence. She happened to be my friend Nithin's close friend, who met her through Dev, another friend of mine. I have seen her only once, that too we talked hardly for 10 minutes when she came to my city (Trivandrum). Her behavior was so pleasing that it won’t take much time to get close with her. We have never been in contact after she left, but used to know about her through our mutual friends. Months passed, she even became close with my best friend Angel. I think it was in November, I got a call from Angel informing about Priyanka's death in a bike accident. That was a moment of complete disbelief for me, I really got shocked. I was thinking how a person can die this soon, about whom I often hear from my friends? Priyanka wasn’t my best friend or so close to me like what she was to my friends, but the news was entirely disturbing to me. My friends were entirely devastated and I didn't know how to react to them.

Three years have passed and everyone got adjusted with the fact, but purposefully avoided talks about her as it still make us sad. Months back, I happened to join a tuition class for clearing my arrears. I met a very cool and jovial guy there (I don’t want to disclose his identity here), who soon became my close pal. One day while I was scanning his mobile gallery, I happened to come across the photo of a beautiful gal. Her face seemed so familiar to me and to clear my intuition, I asked who she was. The gal happened to be none other than Priyanka. He happened to her best friend. Moreover, he was the one who drove the bike during the time of accident. After that incident he had been struggling to get back to his life! It took an year for him to get back normal. He openly admitted to me about the accident and shared many of his memorable moments with her in our later meetings. One message he sent me the day when I realized that he was her friend quoted like “bro...I need to meet her loved ones before leaving this city”! He happened to meet all her friends here, made good relation with them and moreover shared some of the beautiful memories of her.

I have seen many a time his eyes getting filled when he talks about her. But, now he is a very relaxed guy. He always says it was destiny that he came to Trivandrum, joined my tuition class and met everyone who he never thought he would even talk in life. Maybe all these were planned by her, I believe so. Maybe she wanted all of us to be in touch. In a way, she still lives here! I dedicate this write-up to her…A person who made many smile a lot!

© 2012 Gautham S


Author's Note

Gautham S
Give your honest reviews!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on October 30, 2012
Last Updated on October 30, 2012
Tags: fate, destiny, friendship, memoriam

Author

Gautham S
Gautham S

Trivandrum, Kerala, India



About
Just love to write more and more! more..

Writing